Fog Lights/head Light/ & Ac/heater Problem...

Gantz

Hi people,

Ever since I bought my 1995 SC300 - Pearl White Lexus.

1 - the fog lights have never worked, I dont know where to turn them on, I've tried everything but I think there's something wrong with them....( NO BIG DEAL)

2 - I live in New England and it's Freezing, and the AC/Heater went out after a month... I found out it was the RED (10 Ohms) 32 volt fuse.... I replaced it with another one, lasted another month but it went out again... Now every time I replace it it burns out instantly after like 5 minutes, sometimes after seconds that it goes on... The fuse it came with is shaped like an upside down U... Now i tried using the ones that look like they're connected with a Z metal but those burn instantly.....

3 - - One of the bulbs in the right Head Light went out, another still works but doesnt give it enough light, while the Left one is perfect, and the High beams are perfect too. Is it just the lightbulb or is everything just the same cable problem????

Are the bulb/fog lights/Heater all connected and causing this problem???????? or is it just small individual problems that can be fixed instantly??????????

PLEASE HELP....

You say you don't have any heat/ac? What exactly doesn't work? Does the climate control unit turn on? Check to make sure nothing fell down into the cigarette lighter that would short it out and blow a fuse. Check the voltage coming off the left and right headlight harness should be at least 12 volts.

@Lexus082

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

I never thought someone would actually respond. I had 3 penny's in the lighter and after that I replaced the fuse for the AC/Heater and now it does work, and wont burn instantly hopefully it will last....

I bought a new Bulb for the headlight and it works fine now.

My last concern is the fog lights, they've never turned on since i bought the car. Someone at Autozone told me it might be the switch that turns them on. Or even another fuse, so Im gonna check out all the fuses again, cause I asked him where they could check the switch for the headlights and he had no idea, and he told me they might charge me alot.

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

You dont know how much I appreciate it...

1 - the fog lights have never worked, I dont know where to turn them on, I've tried everything but I think there's something wrong with them....( NO BIG DEAL)

Gantz, The bulbs might have burned out, have you checked? It is somewhat invovled, to replace the new bulb.

The way I changed the foglight bulb was:

1. Take a few of the bolt to the front fenders' splashguard off, pull the splash gaurd back and wedge it against the front tire. This wll give you access to the fog light casing.

2. The foglight will be enclosed, with a circular plastic cap. Turn it counter clock-wise to open the casing.

3. This will give you access to the bulb and socket. In the casing is a white plastic, the bulbs wire fits snug into the socket. I had to wiggle and tug, until I disconnected the wire.

4. Note there is a clasp holding the bulb in place do not open the clasp. Disconnect the the bulb from the socket first...because the clasp keeps the bulb from droping and getting in your way. To open the clasp, I believe you push down and it will unfasten.

5. When replacing the buld with a Holagen\ Xenon type of bulb DO NOT TOUCH THE GLASS with your hands it shortens the life of the bulb.

"I dont know where to turn them on" Gantz, Here is a picture of the control arm for theHead\Fog lights on the Sc. As illustrated the Fog lights only work when your headlights are on.

"I dont know where to turn them on"

Gantz, Here is a picture of the control arm for theHead\Fog lights on the Sc. As illustrated the Fog lights only work when your headlights are on.

post-1539-1170453623_thumb.jpg

Thanks You All...

@grnsc40095 - Thanks for the picture, I kind of figured both would have to be on, but they're just not working. Im gonna try to replace the bulbs, maybe they did go out on me.... It sounds alittle complicated but Im willing to try and to learn, I love the car and if its that much work Im willing to do it, cause I wanna truely learn.

Thanks man Im greatful for all your help, and time you put in to guide me through all this.... Im gonna go for it and try it....

THANK YOU AGAIN... You guys just know TOO much about all these things...

• 11 months later...

okay i got a question on that!!! i have a 92SC and it has the fog lights in the bottom of the front lip... however, i have no switch on my turn signal arm that shows anything about a fog light... there is a chance that this car did not originally have fog lights... in which case their would not be a switch... OR the combo switch might not be the original... how do i find out? SEE THAT WAS A QUESTION LOL