Windscreen Scratch

Hey guys, I know I've mentioned this to you before, but it was ages ago and I wouldn't mind your thoughts on the subject. I had my windows in my beautiful 2000 ES300 tinted late last year. Anyway; the tinter (who must have been drunk at the time) scratched the outide of my rear windscreen with his blade. It's a scratch about 6 inches long, on the far left side of the screen, where the window has the blackened glass around it.

The company has offered to replace the screen and retint it.

Do you think I should go to the bother of getting the screen replaced? Or would just have the scratched one retinted?

Stephen

I would leave it alone and not to replace the glass ,get them to refund the cost of tinting . Buy some windshield repair acrylic used to fix small chips ,apply a think layer to the scratch and use a razor blade to smooth it out . Once dried it will be less noticeable.

I would leave it alone and not to replace the glass ,get them to refund the cost of tinting . Buy some windshield repair acrylic used to fix small chips ,apply a think layer to the scratch and use a razor blade to smooth it out . Once dried it will be less noticeable.

Well they kind of tinted it for me for free as a favour, so I feel a bit slack asking them to replace the screen as it is. maybe I should just get the window retinted. I'm a little wary of them removing a scree in case the new one (genuine by the way) never ever fits as well.

S