Window Noise- Any Suggestions?

I have a 98' gs300. Recently, the driver side window started making a really funny noise- kinda like fingernails on a black board but much lower pitch. Its hard hard to explain, it is not a scrtaching sound and it only happens when the motor is going up, not going down.

Anyone have any ideas what it could be and how to possibly fix it (other than taking it to the dealership for a good !Removed!)?

thanks in advance for any suggestions any of you might have,

fish

I have a 98' gs300. Recently, the driver side window started making a really funny noise- kinda like fingernails on a black board but much lower pitch. Its hard hard to explain, it is not a scrtaching sound and it only happens when the motor is going up, not going down.

Anyone have any ideas what it could be and how to possibly fix it (other than taking it to the dealership for a good !Removed!)?

fish

I've taken the door panel off of my 02 gs3, its not too difficult to remove just make sure you find where all the screws are. I'd say just take a look at it to see if anything is obviously out of place. If the power window motor is going visit a junk yard.

fish

I've taken the door panel off of my 02 gs3, its not too difficult to remove just make sure you find where all the screws are. I'd say just take a look at it to see if anything is obviously out of place. If the power window motor is going visit a junk yard.

Thank you djspawn00, I will give it a shot.