Rinse Between Washings?

No, you dont want to microfiber dry unless you've washed the vehicle. Rinsing can't remove ALL contaminants and rinsing, then drying the vehicle can cause scratching. You can rinse, then just drive and not dry...

^^^

what he said

do not under wipe the car with out it being cleaned first

it will scratch the paint especially black and fill it with hairline scratches

i prefer to use a power washer when i am to lazy to wash it

i use the soap rinse , then use the rinse spray

it works great for in bettween

wahing

when i say rinse i didnt mean with a hose!i use the power washer to rinse it and then micro fiber it dry.i have a black car and i dont get no swirl marks after doing it with the micro towels.i did however get some swirls with terry cloth type towels!i should of said that before!also i first use the wiper method to dry most of it then the micro for the rest.seems to work good for me.

i do agree not to dry with terry cloth or any towel if you just mist the car with a hose because that will give swirl marks.

i agree to.but i dont sit there and rub a spot over and over either.i give one wipe per section till its dry.so if you think about it its really not rubbing dirt into the paint as bad as a towel boy would do at a car wash!then again my car is very rarely that dirty anyway!hehe.i use that duster thing that picks up any dust off the car so only time my car is dirty is after it rains and we all now what it needs then! ;)

• 8 months later...

just to clarify,

it is ok to wash with chamois right? Or is there a better non scratching alternative?

Same question with drying, after the blade, rinsing the chamois often of course

chamois are good to uses for a car with no dirt

but it is better to use a wool mitt as it has more depth to it to get the dirt deep inside and away from the cars surface or else it is like sandpaper if the dirt is all on the surface of the chamois.

i put my mitts in the washing machine every month and make sure is clean them after each use.

good point, now if I could only find one that actually says "lambs wool", the ones I find are oddly absent of the description of the material they are made of...

Like Sharad says it really depends, both are good but a high quality Chenile is better than a low quality lambswool and vice versa. Chenile sheds until it is broken in which can be a huge PITA.

As for washing natural chamois you can't. I dont use Chamois anymore, I reccomend a waffle weave MF towel followed by a normal MF towel.