Quick Detailing Questions

Hey all,

Looking for comments/feedback on quick detailing chemicals and methods.....

Have been using the Klasses system for the most part, and apply their 'High Gloss Acrylc Shield' after each wash, with pretty good results in terms of shine.....

....but, after my most recent wash, this weekend, after a week of salt and sand here in DC (you know what I mean, Steve), my paint 'feels' dry.....

So, should I be applying some other chemical to moisturize my paint/finish until I get to my spring stripping and refinishing?

I've used the McGuires NXT Quick Detailer spray on my wife's car, and it produces a nice result; should I be using this on my 2006 Lexus IS 250 as well, after the Klasses 'Acrylic Shield'?

Any thoughts, comments, etc, much appreciated.

Mike

Oh I know what you mean lol

With Klasse or Zaino I always like to stay within the family, My concern always is that if you use quick detailing products that aren't designed to be compatible with the bonding and crosslinking these products do that you'll have issues if you go to apply more Klasse or Zaino. The High Gloss Acrylic Shield should suffice.

What happens after road salt is on the paint is that small particles of it imbed and bond to the paint surface, this is why it feels dry. Mines the same way, only way to do away with this is to clay. I just usually put up with it until spring.

I don't use Zaino or Klasse, I just use wax. I use Eagle One Wax As U Dry after every wash when I'm drying. Its no replacement for waxing obviously, but it does a lot for restoring the just waxed look and feel to the paint and it doesn't take any extra time since you're drying anyway. Might want to think about that.

Steve,

Thanks for the reply and info; much appreciated.

I'll look into the Eagle One Wax, although I agree with you, I generally like to stay within the same 'family' of products while maintaining my car's finish.....

...looks like some clay is DEFINETELY in my future in the next month or so!

Cheers,

Mike

Oh I know what you mean lol

With Klasse or Zaino I always like to stay within the family, My concern always is that if you use quick detailing products that aren't designed to be compatible with the bonding and crosslinking these products do that you'll have issues if you go to apply more Klasse or Zaino. The High Gloss Acrylic Shield should suffice.

What happens after road salt is on the paint is that small particles of it imbed and bond to the paint surface, this is why it feels dry. Mines the same way, only way to do away with this is to clay. I just usually put up with it until spring.

I don't use Zaino or Klasse, I just use wax. I use Eagle One Wax As U Dry after every wash when I'm drying. Its no replacement for waxing obviously, but it does a lot for restoring the just waxed look and feel to the paint and it doesn't take any extra time since you're drying anyway. Might want to think about that.