'94 Transmission

blake918

My transmission is acting kind of strangely lately. It has ultra smooth down shifts like when I punch the gas, and when the ultra smooth engine unleashes its fury, going up to a higher gear is rough and jerky. Also, when I'm in traffic, the tranny seems to get confused when I let off of the gas and then gently press it again; this is accompanied by a nice little jerk. I find it strange that it down shifts seamlessly and upshifts harshly. Would a tranny flush be a good start?

yes get it flushed and new filter.dont just get the fluid changed and filter make sure you take it somewere that motor vacs it this way you know its clean.if that dont help then i imagine the tranney is starting to go bad but allways start with a good flush.hope this helps

Oh god, me too. My car can put me in the best of moods or the absolute worst. I think I'm starting to have an idea of how piggy must feel ;) , and I don't know how you(piggy) can handle it. Alright enough bitchin...I'm definantly making an appointment with Toyota tomorrow.

a motorvac is for the engine

not the tranny

i cannot speak for all dealers if any

but most i have seen just do a drain and fill

you might need one a little better that recicualtes the fluid

if interested do a search

as i have expalined it a few times before

the tranny kick down cable may need adjustment

a tranny flush usually only helps with the intial grabbing of clutches in it as this has the most pressure

but a flush can always help

by the way don't use synthetic tranny fluid

it will crap out it as it has for many others with this tranny

a motorvac is for the engine

not the tranny

i cannot speak for all dealers if any

but most i have seen just do a drain and fill

you might need one a little better that recicualtes the fluid

if interested do a search

as i have expalined it a few times before

the tranny kick down cable may need adjustment

a tranny flush usually only helps with the intial grabbing of clutches in it as this has the most pressure

but a flush can always help

by the way don't use synthetic tranny fluid

it will crap out it as it has for many others with this tranny

ok your right again sk!

its called t-tech!or ATF Transmission Fluid Exchanger!

what it does is pumps out the old while putting in the new.also gets the dirt out of the torque converter and cooler way more then a drain could.

motor vac is for mostly american motors i think or thats what they told me at the tranny place.

anyhow thats what you want to get done.not just a drain and fill because that dont get it all out.