3rd Brake Light 1 - Me 0

you have to remove the trunk lining to get access to the nuts that secure the taillight assembly to the trunk.

First step is to remove the piece of plastic which covers the top edge of the rear of the trunk. This has clips which will release when you push the plastic up with a screwdriver.

After pushing aside the trunk lining, you can see the nuts which you have to remove. I don't remember how many there are - four or five. They are easy to remove if you use a deep well socket. I don't remember the exact size, probably 8 or 10 mm.

After these nuts are removed, you call pull the assembly out enough to get to the bulbholders. Replace all the bulbs while you have it open. You don't want to do this too often.

I have only done this once but I don't recall having to do anything but pull the plastic cover forward to get to the bulb. The cover is on tight so I used a small flat screwdriver (with tape on it to prevent window damage) and slowly wedged the plastic cover forward.

Good luck.

Ed

you have to remove the trunk lining to get access to the nuts that secure the taillight assembly to the trunk.

First step is to remove the piece of plastic which covers the top edge of the rear of the trunk. This has clips which will release when you push the plastic up with a screwdriver.

After pushing aside the trunk lining, you can see the nuts which you have to remove. I don't remember how many there are - four or five. They are easy to remove if you use a deep well socket. I don't remember the exact size, probably 8 or 10 mm.

After these nuts are removed, you call pull the assembly out enough to get to the bulbholders. Replace all the bulbs while you have it open. You don't want to do this too often.

These instructions (though useful) are not for the third brake light. but the exterior taillight assemblies.

The third brake light is inside the cabin above the back seat.

To my knowledge, there are a couple of clips that keep the housing from moving, but with enough forward pressure, the housing should move forward, providing access to the burnt out bulb/s.