Metric To Imperial

Does anyone know of a procedure to change the IS from metric settings to imperial? As in changing to mpg from litres per 100km, etc...

Is this only a dealer setting? Obviously my car is set for Canada and I want to be able to change to something I can understand (MPG).

Thanks.

• 1 year later...

Have you called the dealer to see if they can do it or not? I'm sure they can with the Toyota ECU scanner they have. If I'm not mistaken they have to reflash the ECU for that change.

Have you called the dealer to see if they can do it or not? I'm sure they can with the Toyota ECU scanner they have. If I'm not mistaken they have to reflash the ECU for that change.

Well obviously they can do it since they did it to my car. Don't think the reflashed the whole ECU because all my other personalized settings seem identical. Do I have to go back just to hav ethis dumb thing changed?

Well obviously they can do it since they did it to my car. Don't think the reflashed the whole ECU because all my other personalized settings seem identical. Do I have to go back just to hav ethis dumb thing changed?

Probably. No charge I would imagine.

Hi all,

My problem is not exactly the same, but it's so close that I didn't really want to start a new thread when this one was floating around ... if that's not the way to go, my apologies in advance and I'll be glad to create a new thread instead of posting in this one?

I live in Canada and have just picked up a 2006 Lexus IS250 AWD (with navi) from the friendly USA. I have figured out how to switch the nav system from miles to km, so that's working out nicely. However, two things puzzle me:

1) The trip computer in between the speedo/tachometer also has miles for settings. I just called my local Lexus dealership and they're adamant that it CANNOT be reprogrammed for a USA vehicle and the only way to fix it is to change the whole entire instrument cluster. I find this extremely hard to believe - is this really true and NOTHING can be done to switch from miles to km?

2) While the nav system now shows km vs. miles, the issue is that the temperature settings are still in Fahrenheit vs. Celcius and this drives me nuts - any ideas how to change it?

Any and all info would be GREATLY appreciated! :)

Somehow the dealer inadvertently reset my fuel consumption meter to imperial, so I'm guessing the settings are all there and can be modified. Interestingly my range, temp, average speed are all still metric.

The odometer/trip computer can't be reset I believe. There all laws against that!

• 3 weeks later...

I can't believe that there is no way to switch from imperial to metric or vice versa. Imported an Audi A4 from the states, purchased a chip ($200) from the dealer and with exception of the speedometer (which is an analog instrument), everything switched to metric (including the odometer). Given that the lexus is incredibly computerized and digital (which I love) - I am surprised this is deemed impossible! Perhaps this is how Lexus justifies the 20K difference in car prices between US / Canadian models. :(

Sorry to bump the old thread - was away on a two-week vacation and just got back yesterday! So after calling to two Lexus dealers in Toronto, both are adamant that the only way to resolve the issue is to replace the central instrument cluster and a navigation system unit.

I'm truly in disbelief - I did not see this one coming and thought that it'd be a simple change. Has noone else on the forum run into this brick wall and manage to resolve it? I don't mind paying a shop to do it, but I just refuse to spend $2,000+ with Lexus to have it done, seems like a total waste of money. :(