Replace Rear Oxygen Sensor

I need to replace my oxygen sensor in my 93 GS300 because its throwing a code for it. I tried removing it but cant figure out how to take it out. I know how to remove the oxygen sensor itself but where does the wire lead to? I removed the grommet on the underbody of the car but the wire goes further up to where I can’t access it. Is the wire connection under the floor mat in the interior of the car? This is the only thing I could think of. Any ideas on how to remove the rear O2 sensor?

Well I pulled the carpet up and took the seat partially out and there the connector was. Well I found out I have the California emissions system in my car. Im in NY and my boss bought the car at a local dealership so I don’t see why it would have this. I guess the car was imported in California? Well I had to go to the auto parts store and buy another oxygen sensor which was $40 more than the one i bought previously. The California o2 sensor has four connectors instead of one.

Another thing is the EGR temp sensor which is only on California models which i have.

Are there any differences between the California system and the federal system? This is only emissions related right? Does the California model have slightly lower power due to emission equipment?

California legal systems differ slightly from what is required in the other 49 states. The differences vary by car.

The only real difference I can find on the California model is that the downstream O2 sensor, yes the one you are working on, is heated.

California_Federal_Emissions.pdf