Dealership Recommendations In The Dc Metro Area

Hey,

I live in MD ... looking for a good Lexus dealer. I found an online dealer that can get me the IS 250 RWD (AUTO) with NAVI, Premium Pkg., and the HID for invoice. The catch -- the dealer is located in Los Angeles, and I'll have to pay ~$1,200 to have the car shipped. I'm curious if anyone has had success at getting their car at a little above invoice at some dealers in the DC area. I hate car salesmen -- and wanted to put this feeler out there before I step into the dealerships.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Alex

Alex,

Lexus of Rockville. I have a salesman there that I know. The woman who sold me my car in Annapolis has moved on, but he's a good guy and I'll probably buy the next one from him. I'll PM you his contact info once I dig it up.

I also have a good service rep at Rockville too, happy to pass his name on to you as well.

You hate car salesmen because you've had bad experiences. There are plenty of very professional and ethical car salesmen out there (most of them actually), you've just got to find them. One thing you'll learn though is that good service is almost always more expensive than crappy service, just like in any other business.

Alex,

Lexus of Rockville. I have a salesman there that I know. The woman who sold me my car in Annapolis has moved on, but he's a good guy and I'll probably buy the next one from him. I'll PM you his contact info once I dig it up.

I also have a good service rep at Rockville too, happy to pass his name on to you as well.

You hate car salesmen because you've had bad experiences. There are plenty of very professional and ethical car salesmen out there (most of them actually), you've just got to find them. One thing you'll learn though is that good service is almost always more expensive than crappy service, just like in any other business.

I bought mine from Lindsay Lexus in Alexandria. I went through their internet sales and the gentleman who helped me was very straightforward.

Also a great dealership.

We're lucky to have several really good ones. I've had bad experiences in sales and service at Lexus of Silver Spring, and a bad sales experience at Pohanka in Chantilly, but Rockville, Alexandria, Annapolis all good dealers I've had personal experience with, and I've heard good things about Len Stoler in Owings Mills too.

I utilized the internet sales departments for almost all of the dealerships listed above. For me, Pohanka was willing to give me the best deal and was able to get the car (with options and color). I gave him a $500 deposit over the phone and picked it up about 10 days later.

As a side note, I didn't get mine at invoice. If I remember correctly, I paid about $2000 under sticker for the same model your looking at (250 AWD, Nav, Premium, HID). I believe it was a fair price, although I've read others get much better deals (can't remember if any were around here).

If you're not in a great hurry, give it a try. I'm in Falls Church, so none of the dealers were *very* close to me. I still haven't decided which dealer I'll utilize for service, but any of them will do warranty and service work.

Just curious, who would ship the car from LA - is it Lexus or a third party? Anyone other than Lexus would make me nervous. If another dealer was within a day's drive (~400-600 miles) at invoice, I'd say pick up a one way ticket and drive it home.

Good luck.

Hey there! My initial visit to the Lexus of Silver Spring was horrible. I had some salesman talk down to me and actually insult my current car. Granted it's old but that's no way to get someone's business. I told my bf about it and he was peeved and we decided to pay them esp that salesman a visit. When we got there we found he was "let go"... haha. Anyways, I told them about what happened and the next salesman I talked to was great! He never pushed and tried to get a good deal and I decided to go with them. I didn't want a car with high mileage and nothing from the lot and he didn't complain one bit. I even changed my mind 4 times on the color of the color that I ordered and still same pleasant smile and courtesy. I would recommend that without any reservation. Ask for Chris Cedeno 301.680.0400. Tell him Liz sent ya~

• 1 month later...

Add me to the list of people put off by Lexus of Silver Spring! I was completely insulted by their offer of 11k for trade in of my Scion. I informed them that another Lexus dealer had offered 12k sight unseen! We decided to leave as I had several private party calls and someone even wanted to meet that day to see it. Our conversation ended with 32,500/33000 being the bottom line they could sell their 06 IS 250 w/ nav at with no trade in.

I sold my Scion that afternoon (for full asking price of 14,500!), called today and suddenly they can't do 33k for the 250 I was looking at with 8,033 miles but they could for another 250 with 13/14k miles and not nearly the same package (lux I believe) as the other one - also had damage to a front fender. I am thoroughly disgusted with them.

I should have known better. I wandered around three vehicles they had on the lot in front of the completely glass showroom/sales floor for a good five minutes. I then had to go FIND a salesman who seemed like he could care less about anything. The cars were dirty inside with scuffs all over the backs of the seats and dirt and crud everywhere - in fact the one I wanted had dried food under the seat! We didn't even drive one because it was completely on empty!!! No offer to fill the tank while we drove the other one (a 350 also on empty!) I was fed up at that point and just drove the 350 around a nearby parking lot in case it ran out completely...we're talking the orange gas light was glowing!). At least the other 250 had a half tank...

The sales manager that day (Mr. Ahnn I believe) was not helpful in the least. I think I might copy this post to the general sales manager and corporate Lexus. Perhaps I wasn't buying a $60k car, but geez...30K+ isn't exactly chump change! I expected a LOT more...a local Toyota dealer was MUCH more helpful than these guys!