60,000 Mile Checkup

harryl

I have a Lexus RX330 and recently called to set up my 60,000 mile check up. This is my second Lexus and I was floored when the dealer told me it would be $1,800.00 for the service. What could possible cost $1,800 for a service call on a car that is supposed to not need much work until 100,000 miles. I then called the local Toyota dealer who is authorized to service Lexus vehicles and was told their price for the 60,000 mile service was $560.00. While I am sure there are differences in the service done, I can't believe there is a $1,300 difference. Is this a dealer issue or do I really need to have the Lexus dealer do the 60,000 mile checkup?

If you enjoy throwing money away, have your Lexus dealership do your 60,000 mile service.

I did mine myself. If I remember correctly, I think I spent about $75 to $80 on parts and perhaps 2.5 to 3 hours in my driveway.

Anytime a service requirement pops up that I can't handle, I take it to a well-respected local Toyota dealership. I have used our local Lexus dealership only for warranty work. I've never paid them a dime.

Some people like to drink expresso and sit in leather chairs in a fancy customer lounge while they have their vehicle serviced and their wallet emptied. So whatever floats your boat. Like I said, I chose to do it myself....

When I took my wife's 04 RX330 in, Lexus wanted $900 and Toyota wanted $650. I took the maintenance sheet provided by Lexus to a shop that specialized in Toyota/Lexus and they did the job (using OEM parts) for $405. The one thing that I didn't get was a free car wash and the nice showroom that Lexus has, but at over twice the price, I was wiling to give that up...:-)

wow, a lot of 60K mile service posts are springing up.

i just had mine done man(60K), and it costs me $600 something at my lexus dealer. Oh and it also changed the rear brake pads which are costly as well. FInd another dealer and ask for the 10% off they give for this service. My rep gave that to me without asking.