Loose Gear Shifter

scavi99

Hi,

Just bought a '01 ES Coach Ed. So far it's been awesome. Just a few minor problems that have already been asked and answered here (burned out lights) but this one: My gear shifter is a bit loose. Going from park to any gear it seems to get stuck in the middle of where I want to go (no light indicating what gear I'm in comes on and car doesnt' move) However, if I put a little umph into it (when it auto locks on drive) it works fine. I don't have to slam it, but the quicker I go, the more often it works. Sometimes I'll have to wiggle it a bit to get it to lock in. ALSO, maybe just concidence, but in the instrument panel the "D" light isn't as bright as the other lights (P, N, etc). Any ideas on how to tighten it up? I just traded in a '98 Camry and the shifter feels and looks identical, but my Camry never had this problem.

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Just bought a '01 ES Coach Ed. So far it's been awesome. Just a few minor problems that have already been asked and answered here (burned out lights) but this one: My gear shifter is a bit loose. Going from park to any gear it seems to get stuck in the middle of where I want to go (no light indicating what gear I'm in comes on and car doesnt' move) However, if I put a little umph into it (when it auto locks on drive) it works fine. I don't have to slam it, but the quicker I go, the more often it works. Sometimes I'll have to wiggle it a bit to get it to lock in. ALSO, maybe just concidence, but in the instrument panel the "D" light isn't as bright as the other lights (P, N, etc). Any ideas on how to tighten it up? I just traded in a '98 Camry and the shifter feels and looks identical, but my Camry never had this problem.

Thanks.

Did you ever find the solution?

Hi,

Thanks.

Did you ever find the solution?

nope...