Am I Being Lied To?

Hello~

I went to the dealership to order the 2007 IS350 with the Luxury Package w/18" and Nav and Pref. Access Pkg. I got it down to $40,500, which I don't know if it was a good deal or not, but now they are telling me that I don't get the maple wood trim with it. I know it's nothing compared to some of the other options I'm getting but I would still like to get what I ask for since I'm paying for it. Would anyone know if it's not standard? I'm looking on their website and it says it on the first line under the package details but when it comes time to select the interior trim, I see metallic trim only. I still have to wait until 2/16 to get it and I don't feel like waiting any longer because they can't seem to get/order what I want.

Hello~

I went to the dealership to order the 2007 IS350 with the Luxury Package w/18" and Nav and Pref. Access Pkg. I got it down to $40,500, which I don't know if it was a good deal or not, but now they are telling me that I don't get the maple wood trim with it. I know it's nothing compared to some of the other options I'm getting but I would still like to get what I ask for since I'm paying for it. Would anyone know if it's not standard? I'm looking on their website and it says it on the first line under the package details but when it comes time to select the interior trim, I see metallic trim only. I still have to wait until 2/16 to get it and I don't feel like waiting any longer because they can't seem to get/order what I want.

I see the same thing when I look at the Lexus website, Aluminum Trim only.

What the site is saying is that it is currently not in production.

If you really want the wood trim, you can get it, but it will be a special order and it can take anywhere between 5 weeks and 3 months to get.

Only other option is to shop around at other dealers and find the car you want, already in stock with the options you prefer.

There are websites that will find the exact car you want for a small fee, and you just have to worry about shipping, or picking it up.

Question is, how badly do you want the Bird's Eye Maple?

ICU Send me a message if you can. I can get you a better deal w/ the birds-eye maple wood. The Lux pkg came with the wood. I haven't seen any news regarding production changes. I do have 2 availble they way you want. Thanks

The wood is included in the luxury package. I have it.

Russ

ICU Send me a message if you can. I can get you a better deal w/ the birds-eye maple wood. The Lux pkg came with the wood. I haven't seen any news regarding production changes. I do have 2 availble they way you want. Thanks

lexus411... just saw your response to ICU's post... are you a dealer? i'm looking for a 350 with either the luxury package or the premium, w/ the x package... let me know if you have either.

thanks!

Hi Lexus411, I will try to PM you when I get home. For some reason, I can't get the PM to work in the office... but I wanted to say thanks!

Hello~

I see the same thing when I look at the Lexus website, Aluminum Trim only.

What the site is saying is that it is currently not in production.

If you really want the wood trim, you can get it, but it will be a special order and it can take anywhere between 5 weeks and 3 months to get.

Only other option is to shop around at other dealers and find the car you want, already in stock with the options you prefer.

There are websites that will find the exact car you want for a small fee, and you just have to worry about shipping, or picking it up.

Question is, how badly do you want the Bird's Eye Maple?

I see what you're saying.... I don't want it that bad but I guess I'm also keeping in mind when I sell/trade in the car later down the road... I figured people would want to have a car nicely equipped. Even my old Honda Accord (bless her soul) had wood trim. :blushing:

• 3 months later...

You see the IS woodtrim is not large enough to be visible so I really don't care about...However, don't get me wrong I have it in my IS250. I was chatting with salesperon at the dealership about this woodtrim and he said Lexus keeps it small because they don't want to have rattling problems; my reply to him was, if they don't know how to do it they should not be in the luxury vehichle biz and he just could not say a word. I have to tell you that Lexus does not belong to the real luxury cars.

LOL, Lexus has been putting wood trim in cars for nearly 20 years, that salesman really doesn't know what he's talking about. The IS is a sporty model, and oftentimes sport goes better with metal trim than wood trim.

As for Lexus not belonging with luxury cars, tops in customer satisfaction, initial quality, dependability, customer service, customer retention, AND sales. Not much more to say about it than that...

lol at mohand's comment. you must not be a true believer. The wood veneer that goes on top of the panels shouldnt cause any rattles...its just glued on top.

second, if they put more wood into the car, it will seem less sporty, which is what the IS is, and also its expensive, its a luxury item. They save the wood for the higher end models. If they are afraid of rattles, then why have the most wood on the flagship?

lol at mohand's comment. you must not be a true believer. The wood veneer that goes on top of the panels shouldnt cause any rattles...its just glued on top.

second, if they put more wood into the car, it will seem less sporty, which is what the IS is, and also its expensive, its a luxury item. They save the wood for the higher end models. If they are afraid of rattles, then why have the most wood on the flagship?

I wanted a more sports look for my 250 luxury, so fitted the sports pedal set, lowered it with 19" rims and covered the wood with carbon fibre...goes well with the black leather and Smoky Granite Mica. :ph34r:

I think our friend mohand's a few bricks short of a load...

The wheel may be turning, but the hampster is surely dead...

The elevator doesn't quite go all the way to the top floor...

The lights may be on, but there's nobody home...

If you know what I mean ;)

that price for the is350 is a decent price considering the luxury package/navi but i think you can get it lower. I got my is250 with the luxury package and no navi for $31,400 but on the is350 i was able to get them down to $34,800 with just the premium package.

You are the same guys who think Harley davidson is a great motorcycle while it's just crap.

I made a mistake by buying Lexus. I drove German luxury cars and they're unparrelled authentic original designs; Japanese copy designs from other Europian designs. May be Japanese are good at making stock cars but they're away behind Europians.

post-42714-1178548564_thumb.jpg

You are the same guys who think Harley davidson is a great motorcycle while it's just crap.

I made a mistake by buying Lexus. I drove German luxury cars and they're unparrelled authentic original designs; Japanese copy designs from other Europian designs. May be Japanese are good at making stock cars but they're away behind Europians.

Harley's are ok, but I prefer the Japanes Fastass Subitchi myself.

BTW, what is that dog doing sleeping on your dash?

I made a mistake by buying Lexus. I drove German luxury cars and they're unparrelled authentic original designs; Japanese copy designs from other Europian designs. May be Japanese are good at making stock cars but they're away behind Europians

Mohand...you're entitled to your opinion, but in my opinion the IS250 is a better vehicle than the equivalent BMW, and there's nothing else from Europe in the same group that comes anywhere near it for all round performance, looks, price, and on reliability it just leaves most of them way behind. I changed from a BMW330 Ci, for all those reasons and the additional bonus is that it's exclusive as most people are like you and believe the hype so every other vehicle you see on the roads in Europe is a BMW.

Oh....and before you make any more ill informed sweeping statements it would be good to get at least the basics right..I'm from Europe, therefore I'm a EUROPEAN <_<

Think it's the roadkill you get around the Galleria in Houston :whistles:

Think it's the roadkill you get around the Galleria in Houston :whistles:

They should start a restaurant there.

On another note, I'm really happy the Japanese didn't "copy" the German cars' electronics. :D

still at that open house huh...lol

Oh man, it was a killer LOL. Nobody ever showed up, thats only happened to me once before.

Then go trade it on a german car, post on a german car board, and leave us alone lol.

Europians! LMAO, what a boob.

Hooked on phonics, get it.

Over the past 40 years I have driven an assorted dozen of Audi, VW, BMW and the last 20 years MB and Porsches. Over a million miles total. Our latest 2 cars are the '07 IS350 and an '07 MB CLK 550. Each was well loaded, but the CLK was out the door at $30K more than the Lexus. For example, the IS came with Keyless Go standard, $1100 on the CLK. They both have some very minor build issues which will be resolved on the first service. Build quality is comparable in most areas.

CLK body work and exterior is better done, Lexus interior wins hands down. For example, IS has way more elbow rest padding than CLK. CLK has more wind noise but less body and suspension noise. CLK Nav is indecipherable, though it can be indeciphered without stopping the car. Handling is about equal. Identical extended warranties were $1700 on the IS and $4200 on the CLK. Tells you something about expected maintenance costs.

In 1996 Porsche brought Japanese consultants to Stuttgart to show them how to make a high end car profitably.

This is my first Japanese car and I am very impressed. I have yet to find aything copied about the Lexus, thankfully.