Offset Plate Bracket

A friend saw my Lexus and was wondering where the front plate was. Told him didn't want to put holes in the bumper and was going to gimmy rig something for it. He told me he's seen a "JDM" offset plate bracket for the IS 2 that attaches underneath the front bumper to specifically avoid holes! I've looked for a long time on the internet, and cant find anything. Does anyone else know about this product?

I mounted my front plate in the lower grill. I purchased a generic plate mount from the local Pep Boys and cable tied it to the lower grill. I didn't pull too tight as not to distort the grill. The plate screwed to it just as it would a factory mount. It's better than punching holes in the bumper. It doesn't look tacky or cheap. It was than $10.00 total to include a clear cover. I'll try to get some pictures this weekend.

post-24700-1169781158_thumb.jpgpost-24700-1169781188_thumb.jpg

A friend saw my Lexus and was wondering where the front plate was. Told him didn't want to put holes in the bumper and was going to gimmy rig something for it. He told me he's seen a "JDM" offset plate bracket for the IS 2 that attaches underneath the front bumper to specifically avoid holes! I've looked for a long time on the internet, and cant find anything. Does anyone else know about this product?

I live in Washington State and the front license plates are required. So, I had the license plate mounting piece painted to match the car.

Best of Luck

Hey that looks sharp, good idea. I think I'll resort to PGSbergs method if it come down to the law. For the mean time I'm going to continue my search for this offset bracket. If it doesnt look good, hey, its only 15 bucks right?

On a side note, those are some dirty shammies, I can spot a dirty shammy from a mile away, has something to do with working the free Sat washes for the passed 7 years! and counting! but seriously I'd never use a sham like that on any Lexus.

Hey that looks sharp, good idea. I think I'll resort to PGSbergs method if it come down to the law. For the mean time I'm going to continue my search for this offset bracket. If it doesnt look good, hey, its only 15 bucks right?

On a side note, those are some dirty shammies, I can spot a dirty shammy from a mile away, has something to do with working the free Sat washes for the passed 7 years! and counting! but seriously I'd never use a sham like that on any Lexus.

Where are you looking?? Are you seeing the 3M bra on the front end of the car?? No shammies in this house ;)

• 1 year later...