Dash Lights Out On 94 Ls400

patruga

The some lights on my dash do not come in cold weather. The light for headlight, and Reverse comes on but all

others remain off until the car has warmed up, usually after 10 - 15 mins of driving. They start out by flickering for 5 sec or so then stay on. If I start up the car again within 8 hrs or less, the lights come on as normal.

Any thoughts??

Common problem with 1st gen LS 400s.

I think it's addressed in the first 'pinned' message at the top of

the forum. Or search the forum. It's usually the OEM capacitors;

you can DIY or pay Jim (forgot last name) to do it. Even though

I've been in electronics 30+ years, it was worth the $200 to have

Jim do it. i think there are some others that can fix it as well.

The some lights on my dash do not come in cold weather. The light for headlight, and Reverse comes on but all

others remain off until the car has warmed up, usually after 10 - 15 mins of driving. They start out by flickering for 5 sec or so then stay on. If I start up the car again within 8 hrs or less, the lights come on as normal.

Any thoughts??

Any thoughts??

Indeeed it is the neon backlights failing to start. They usually will fire up at around 42-44 degrees OAT. There are several companys that do the repair for around $190. All advice I've heard is to make sure it it packed very carefully (much bigger box and lots of bubble wrap and send insured. It will be expensive to replace it if damaged or lost in shipment. My 1994 LS has the same problem 219K and when I finish with the paint work (doing a little appearance stuff) I'll send the dash for a fix. You can Google Ls400 dash lights for several sites...