Sub Box In Trunk Of Sc400

Anybody have experience with the bass quality of a sub box in the trunk of an sc400? I'm having a Bazooka TVB141 Triangular box installed with my Fosgate Punch 150 amp(the good ones from the late 80's / early 90's), but I noticed that there is a metal plate between the back seat and the trunk. Will the bass come through at all? Any recommendations? I noticed that one guy took out his 10" stock sub in order to create an entry way for the sound, I don't want to do that. I have the standard premium sound system(Pioneer), and I'm happy with the clarity but just want some more bass. Will I be satisfied with the results?

Also, any recommendations for me to give the the installers at Circuit City? They are younger guys, and I'm nervous that they may screw something up / break something in the car. Not sure if they've worked on any SC's in the past...

Any quick advice is much appreciated, thanks...

i seen the back of your type car and it still should bring the bass to the front.after its installed if its not putting enough bass out then try moving the tube around to different positions.usally when you face the speaker towards the back of the car it will reflect it better and you will have more bass but im sure they will put it sideways to save space in the trunk.

also just make sure they know what there doing because there are alot of young kids that work there and they do crap work sometimes.make sure the wires they run are all neat and they run the power line from the battery to the amp and have a fuse somewere on that line.thats about it.hope this helps you

If you want to hear the bass, I'd definitely reccoment taking out the stock 10" to get some air movement.

The trunk in the SCs is pretty well isolated from the cabin.

If you just put the box in the trunk, you won't hear much difference.

And to be more specific, the closer the fuse is to the battery, the better.

So when you go to see how well they did the installation, look underneath the hood and see how close they have the fuse to the battery.

Should be within 18inches.

Also, ask them where they connected the remote wire, and how they got the power wire through the firewall.

If they can't answer these questions I reccomend talking to the manager about the "bleep job" discount, and then going over to a professional stereo place for a quick checkup.

Good luck and let us know how it went.

• 3 months later...

I have a system in the back of my 96 sc300, and it frustrates the living hell outta me..the car rattles liek no other..there is a little rattling with the back window that makes me want to shoot something and you can't turn it up anywhere close to its potential if you have a cd changer in the trunk.