Tire Pressure Indicator

Just wondering how the tire pressure indicating system works. Where is it located, inside the wheel or what? Must be as even my spare tire pressure is indicated on the display. :(

The pressure sensors are connected to the valve stems inside each wheel. The inflation information is sent to a control unit which displays the information onto your dashboard.

Just wondering how the tire pressure indicating system works. Where is it located, inside the wheel or what? Must be as even my spare tire pressure is indicated on the display. :(

The pressure sensors are connected to the valve stems inside each wheel. The inflation information is sent to a control unit which displays the information onto your dashboard.

So they would be battery powered, I assume?

So they would be battery powered, I assume?

I don't know the electronics of this system. Maybe some one else can answer this question. :unsure:

I've seen quotes at 7 to 10 years for battery life on the individual wheel units, I don't know if that is covered in the LS 460 Owners Manual. Note, if you ever have the tires repaired / removed, make sure the staff knows that the individual pressure units are there. Some other forums have stories of the wheel mechanic killing (or maybe crushing is a better word) the sensor and then being stuck with a $$$ bill for a new sensor.

I've seen quotes at 7 to 10 years for battery life on the individual wheel units, I don't know if that is covered in the LS 460 Owners Manual. Note, if you ever have the tires repaired / removed, make sure the staff knows that the individual pressure units are there. Some other forums have stories of the wheel mechanic killing (or maybe crushing is a better word) the sensor and then being stuck with a $$$ bill for a new sensor.

Thanks, good to know.

I will be putting new tires on mine sooner than many would think. I can visually see less rubber on the rear tires when compared to the front at only 4500 miles. I don't care, am having lots of fun!