Mudguards...can I Do It?

Hi~

I'm planning to get the mudguard and called my local dealership. Asking about $110 including tax for the part and $105 for installation.

Is the installation something I can personally do? I'm good at fixing stuff but never did it on a car.

Oh and does the mudguard protect the car a lot in rainy or muddy situations?

Best to ALL

Yes, it's very easy.

Just follow the instructions which is very easy to follow and lots of diagrams to guide you.

I just installed it on my wife's new RX350. No problems.

Regarding performance? They are short mudguards, so don't expect them to catch most of the spray or items kicked up by the tires. But you know what? Every little bit helps, right? If it prevents a huge gash on the side panel by a single stone or rock, then it's well worth it to me.

Ask your saleperson to buy it for you from their parts dept. They can get it at their employee price. I paid $85 for ours. I also bought the Lexus floor mats (heavy duty) and rear floor liner. Much cheaper than online, no shipping costs, and no wait.

r,

eagle

Yes, it's very easy.

Just follow the instructions which is very easy to follow and lots of diagrams to guide you.

I just installed it on my wife's new RX350. No problems.

Regarding performance? They are short mudguards, so don't expect them to catch most of the spray or items kicked up by the tires. But you know what? Every little bit helps, right? If it prevents a huge gash on the side panel by a single stone or rock, then it's well worth it to me.

Ask your saleperson to buy it for you from their parts dept. They can get it at their employee price. I paid $85 for ours. I also bought the Lexus floor mats (heavy duty) and rear floor liner. Much cheaper than online, no shipping costs, and no wait.

r,

eagle

Thanks...I'm planning to get the parts from eBay...they say it's OEM so I'm planning to get on eBay.

Is this a good idea? or should I rather get it from my local Lexus?

Bought on ebay. OEM. Installed myself. Have to jack up the car and remove rear wheels in order to put on the car. Fronts just barely work if you turn the wheels lock to lock. Holes do not all line up. Need to put them on, mark holes, take them off, make holes and put back on. Took about 2 hours. Bottom bolt was a bear to remove, Finally just used a vice grips. Agree that they are short and almost do not show. Kinda disappointed. Protects more of the car but not enough.