Auto Button On A/c Unit

Just just got a new IS250 and I notice when I press the Auto button on the A/C unit, a button light come on, but when I press it again it does not turn off. The only way I can turn it off is when I change the fan speed. Is this normal or could my Auto button be defective?

Just just got a new IS250 and I notice when I press the Auto button on the A/C unit, a button light come on, but when I press it again it does not turn off. The only way I can turn it off is when I change the fan speed. Is this normal or could my Auto button be defective?

Try pushing the "OFF" button right next to it.

It's not defective. When you depress "auto," it makes the A/C auto. If you press anything else, it takes it out of auto. If you want to turn off your A/C, depress "off."

It's not defective. When you depress "auto," it makes the A/C auto. If you press anything else, it takes it out of auto. If you want to turn off your A/C, depress "off."

Actually, now looking at what I wrote, I wrote that wrong. If you want to turn off the A/C, you will have to push the A/C button to turn it off. If you just press off, it will turn off the whole system. Auto is used for the entire system. If you want to make it your own, you'll have to adjust it each time.