New Ipod Phone Released

indiasfinest

$499 is nothing for a phone, my Blackberry cost $499. I paid $499 for Carla's RAZR when it first came out.

Consider an iPod is $250, and a phone with features like that is at least $300, so at $499 its a deal.

lol i guess everything in perspective. My phone was 199 and i was not very happy with it. THe bad part is that i dont think they will eventually give discounts like other phones, like razrs are free now...with certain plans.

still i think its a bit much, but i doubt it will stop the hordes of people from buying it.

But the RAZR has been out for years. They still aren't free on Verizon.
They offered me a free Razr when it was time to renew my contract (I bet it wouldn't be hard to convince them to give you a Razr.). I told them what they could go and do with that little toy phone! ;) LOL It would take more than a free razr to convince me to keep their service.

That ipod phone looks awesome! I'd never buy one because multifunction phones don't trip my trigger, but it looks like another fantastic product from Apple. $500 is a not a bad price for a phone like that!

But the RAZR has been out for years. They still aren't free on Verizon.

Last Spring my Verizon contract was up and I figured that it would be nice to get a Bluetooth enabled cellphone, since I could use it hands free in my ES350. At that time, in my area, I had the opportunity to get a RAZR 'FREE' with a 2 year renewal contract, although I opted to get an LG phone. Verizon constantly has changing deals on their cellphones.....from what I see.

i dont know, 500 dollars plus activation and all that comes out to 600 just about.

i usually throw these away after 2 years...i dont know what i would use it for (just an ipod?) after those 2 years. It seems like such a waste to get it all scratched up by my keys in my pocket.

i dont know, 500 dollars plus activation and all that comes out to 600 just about.

i usually throw these away after 2 years...i dont know what i would use it for (just an ipod?) after those 2 years. It seems like such a waste to get it all scratched up by my keys in my pocket.

For $600 you should get a mink carrying case. LOL

Right now they're $79 with activation and 2yr contract at Verizon, here anyways.

Nothing but Verizon for me, I've had the rest and I can't be bothered by bad cell reception.

Rx330, $499 really is not any more than other multifunction PDAphones retail. Blackberrys, Treos, etc all are around there. As far was what would you do with it after 2 years? You'd replace it like everybody else will ;)

If you know a college student...they can get you 30% off with their ID card.

5 bills isn't much for a phone these days. The Treo was about that price when it first came out. If you want to save then just wait half a year or so. But anyways, look at how much we're paying for gas these days.

Nothing but Verizon for me, I've had the rest and I can't be bothered by bad cell reception.

Hmmm....Weren't you the guy that had it in for Verizon awhile back? :P

Great... more idiots on cell-pods on the road now. :ph34r:

One has to ask him/herself, how much stuff do I really need to do with these gadgets? I mean my coffee maker we got as a wedding gift has a freakin' keypad! Latte mocha freako chapino rasta blend.... Huh? :blink: Just give me leaded coffee, you damn machine!

But having said that, I too have a blackberry, cell phone, Nano and PSP in my briefcase. Nothing beats the PSP when you have to travel.

I quit carrying a cell phone in July 1997 and swore I'd never put myself in a position again where I had to tote a freakin' electronic leash around 24/7. My wife can't live without hers, but I don't miss having one at all and have never even considered changing my mind about it. I will admit that I've used my wife's on rare occasions when we've been traveling. But when I'm by myself I don't want to be bothered so no stinkin' cell phone for me, thank you. If you need to reach me, call the landline and if I'm there I'll answer. If not you can leave a message and I'll get back to you. Why screw up a good system?

I quit carrying a cell phone in July 1997 and swore I'd never put myself in a position again where I had to tote a freakin' electronic leash around 24/7. My wife can't live without hers, but I don't miss having one at all and have never even considered changing my mind about it. I will admit that I've used my wife's on rare occasions when we've been traveling. But when I'm by myself I don't want to be bothered so no stinkin' cell phone for me, thank you. If you need to reach me, call the landline and if I'm there I'll answer. If not you can leave a message and I'll get back to you. Why screw up a good system?

RX, I am in 100% agreeance with you on the cell phone bit, To tell you the truth I really can't see a nav in a car. If one doesn't know where there going PLAN YOUR TRIPS OUT...............Just another distraction. Call me old fashioned, I threw my cell in the garbage ( recycled ) in 2002. Don't miss it a bit.

Well, I'd love to throw my cell phone away but for some of us in service related industries its a neccisary evil. If people can't get ahold of you they"ll get ahold of someone else, and I need them to get ahold of me so I can't eat. In that regard the cell phone gives me freedom because I don't have to be chained to a desk, I can work when I'm in the car, out shopping, on a trip etc. To my clients it always seems like I'm at work...because I am always at work lol.

You just have to know when to turn it off, which I'm working on.

The one thing I am unsure as to whether I like is the blackberry because it also chains you to your email, but I've got one.

As for the nav systems, I totally don't get your issue with that dc. Why would someone want to spend time with maps when they could just plug an address in and get instant turn by turn guidance? I felt the same way until I had a car with nav, now I'll never get one without it. It just saves me so much time and hassle, to never have to plan a trip or print out directions and worry about following them. Following printed mapquest directions is much more distracting than gentle directions from the nav system.

Oh, I HATE Verizon as a company, but they do have the best cell service.

Well, I'd love to throw my cell phone away but for some of us in service related industries its a neccisary evil. If people can't get ahold of you they"ll get ahold of someone else, and I need them to get ahold of me so I can't eat. In that regard the cell phone gives me freedom because I don't have to be chained to a desk, I can work when I'm in the car, out shopping, on a trip etc. To my clients it always seems like I'm at work...because I am always at work lol.

You just have to know when to turn it off, which I'm working on.

The one thing I am unsure as to whether I like is the blackberry because it also chains you to your email, but I've got one.

As for the nav systems, I totally don't get your issue with that dc. Why would someone want to spend time with maps when they could just plug an address in and get instant turn by turn guidance? I felt the same way until I had a car with nav, now I'll never get one without it. It just saves me so much time and hassle, to never have to plan a trip or print out directions and worry about following them. Following printed mapquest directions is much more distracting than gentle directions from the nav system.

Sw, I was speaking for myself :wacko: , The places I travel to I know or have done research on as to sights, Historical markers, mile markers etc... I stay away from large cities in general and I basically just pass through them. I don't have business on the road, I enjoy a quiet destination and I really enjoy driving and keeping a fine mental bearing as to where I am and where I am going. Kind of like taking Route 66 across the USA. That to me is part of the fun in driving.:cheers:

If you know a college student...they can get you 30% off with their ID card.
I've ordered (and some were free because Apple likes teachers!) a bunch of things through their education discount, and I've never had to supply them with any ID. From what I've seen, it seems like anyone could claim to be a student or teacher to get the discount. :whistles:

You will hate Verizon in its entirety if you try using the phone in the South (it's slightly better in Texas) or Midwest--it seems like I haven't had a cell phone in the past two years I've been with VZW. LOL They must not own any towers in those places because the service is aweful. I just switched to Cingular, and I no longer have to hold my head in the exact spot to get reception in my house. :D :D

recently i've had a lot of dropped calls with verizon, im switching to cingular soon and i just read that this phone is releasing in June. i was so upset about it. cell phones are good for many things, my parents can call to check up on me, i can leave the house and they can still keep in touch, i can call the police in the event of an emergency, etc. technology is a great thing, its when people abuse it the problem starts

Nothing beats the PSP when you have to travel.

haha. You got that right. I carry my PSP with me most of the time. I also use it as my mp3 player. I mean, imagine just carrying several different gadgets, when some of the gadgets could do the function of the others? Right now I'm carrying a Treo 650 and PSP in my backpack. I want to find a headphone adaptor for my Treo so I can leave my PSP at home more often and use my Treo as my cellphone/PDA/mp3 player.

Back before I got my dad's old treo, I had to carry around a cellphone, PSP, and a Palm Zire 31. :wacko: Down to only 2 gadgets now! :) I actually got a Nokia E62 for xmas, but I'm still trying to get used to using a PDA w/o touch screen. Personally the touch-screen technology has really grown on me too much. That's why with Cingular (or other GSM companies) I can easily switch from one phone to another. :P :D

But I don't really like that new Ipod/phone. I'd rather get a Treo 750 that can do all the functions of that phone, and have the best internet surfing phone. :)

With Verizon, you're payin for the actual service/reliability. Cingular, cost efficient. I've tried both and still can't justify leaving Verizon, I just can't justify leavin' the sound quality/reliability of Verizon. Maybe quality depends on the state you're in?...