Sign in to follow this  
AusJapanLexus

Stop Locking Threads..

I understand that we had our little tiff SW03ES.. But I have noticed that now that if it is even mentioned you seem to lock the threads at your own discression?

bbsal asked a legitimate question, and I guess if interested, then the thread should have been left open for discussion?

I understand that you and I got heated in our discussion, but I really dont think that as moderator, it is your job to open and close threads as you see fit?.. If you are allowed to control the boards like that, then maybe if in the situation someone says something you may not like, then you can just delete it or move it, as to save face.. We all dont have that luxury or power. And cant control the boards if we are upset or distressed...

I appologised for what was said in our arguement, and was in full support of deleting our comments, as they were completely out of line.. Although I really wouldnt have minded people reading it.. It was after all a discussion of soughts? But I stand by this moderation thing...Leave threads as is...

:ph34r: Chris :ph34r:

Woah Chris, you gotta calm down and quit jumping the gun man. I answered bbsal's question, closed his thread and then moved the original thread back out after cleaning it up. I closed bbsal's thread so that further discussion about the topic (Old vs New) wouldn't get seperated between the two threads. It had nothing to do with our disagreement....

My job as a moderator is to facillitate discussion, and to make sure that it goes smoothly. It DOES entail organization of information, so that when members use the search down the line all the information is together. This is the ES300 forum, its for ES300 related information. Bbsal's post was a continuation of the previous discussion since the other thread had dissapeared. Since I brought the original thread back out, there was no need for his thread too. Two threads about the same thing wastes time and space, and niether of ours are free.

I'm sorry if you dont agree with that, but these are moderated forums. We're lax in what we do, we dont impose a lot of rules on people, but part of my job is to help discussion go smoothly.

Now, this thread does not belong in the ES300 forum, I'm going to move it to the feedback forum.

In the future, if you have a problem with the way I moderate, send me a PM and we can discuss it privately. Take a deep breath before you fly off the handle man.

pardon me, but is this going to go on forever? i keep getting on to check the board and bam..it's a new thread about another thread being altered...

yeh it sucks people have power over a site, but order vs chaos...

it sets me in a bad mood when people are ripping throats...

sorry to butt in...just thought id throw in some damn 2 cents...

By all means Piggy, you're input is welcome.

Every time I think we're done, I've "done something wrong" again worthy of a public blasting.

It'll settle down when it settles down I guess. I'm as sick of it as you are.