Led Mods Gauge Conversions

Hi Everyone, I would like to introduce myself. I run a car audio/video business in Orange County, CA, and I have been doing LED conversions on cars and motorcycles for over 1 year. I have been doing countless scion gauge conversions, and have come up with some very custom work.

I'd like to offer my services to you guys for Lexus cars. I would like to know if anyone would be interested in getting their gauge converted to different color LED's, and would like to stop by.

I am VERY good with electronics, and circuits, so I am definitely up for the job. I have run a car audio/video business for over 7 years now, and I am a certified mobile electronics installer, so working on cars, and electronics is definitely nothing new to me.

I don't have any pics on my website of gauge conversions for a Lexus at the moment, but here are some pics of my work on the Scion TC.

tcgaugebluewhite3a.jpg

tcgaugewhiteblue2a.jpg

tcacblue8a.jpg

bluewhite2.gif

I'm located in central Orange Country, CA (Tustin). I'm willing to do the first conversion on a local Lexus for free (must be a newer model).

Thanks!

-Paul

Thanks, I'm glad you like my work!

For the first mod, I would like to do work on a local car. I do mod gauges from all over the country (a lot of gauges for scions and motorcycles). I have a 1 day turnaround time for out-of-town customers. I'll ship the day after I receive the gauges/parts. This way, downtime is minimal.

I will be offering my services to those that are not local as soon as I get everything worked out on a local car. This way I can have the circuit done, removal instructions set (for those that need it), and plenty of pictures for my customers to choose from.

:)

so if i were to ship you my cluster youd hook me up? with good time as well... hmm..

if this is so im liking you more and more...

well ill wait to see the workings of the first and let you know... cause like i said im very leary about doing it.. i can solder and such but lexus is a trouble some sensor car

so if i were to ship you my cluster youd hook me up? with good time as well... hmm..

if this is so im liking you more and more...

well ill wait to see the workings of the first and let you know... cause like i said im very leary about doing it.. i can solder and such but lexus is a trouble some sensor car

Yes, you are correct, Lexus is a little tricky to work on. I did a gauge conversion on a 2004 SC400 (the gauges have twist bulbs in them, and the needles have built-in LED's (non-replaceable). Here are a few pics. (Click on the picture to view a full-size image)

scgauge1a.jpgscgauge2a.jpg

scgauge3a.jpgscgauge4a.jpg

I will wait until I do work on a local Lexus before I offer my services to those out of town. I currently do a lot of scion and motorcycle gauge conversions for people all over the country (a lot). I have a 1 day turnaround time for these people, so downtime is minimal.

I've had a few PM's, but nothing is set yet, so the offer for a free local swap is on the table. :)

-Paul

Are you able to mod an aftermarket headunit? I wanted to replace mines with an aftermarket unit but the HU I want doesn't have amber lighting.

Absolutely! Here is a pic of an aftermarket unit I modded. This is a Pioneer DEH-P4800MP.

dehp4800mpblue1a.jpg

dehp4800mpblue2a.jpg

I don't like to mod double din touch screen units, because they are very sensitive (no, I didn't learn the hard way, I just know). :)

Just let me know what kind of radio you want to get.

-Paul

dam thats nice.. got bored and played around with the is300 gauge lights... but 3 larger bulbs and two smaller ones.. most of the bulbs (all

but the 3) are the smaller type tonight when i can check my lighting ill

let you know if i got the polarity correct... should be an easy job for you to do.. mostly plug and go unless you get into it further

which im sure you will...

also looks like when i buy my head unit ill have to send it to you ... again im very impressed with your work

only problems i ran into were the map light.. couldnt get the lens off... but like i said hopefully my polarity was correct in them..

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't received any serious inquiries from local owners. I'm wondering if I put this topic in the wrong section. My offer to do the new lexus (any newer model) for free. It really doesn't get any better than that. If anyone is nervous about having their gauges taken apart, I am a professional doing gauge modifications for many, many, many, many cars and motorcycles for the last 3 years. I am also a certified mobile electronics technician. I have run a car audio/video business for the last 7 years. I guarantee all my work for as long as you own the car. This should reassure those hesitant to have custom work done. I'm very, very good at what I do. :)

-Paul

• 2 months later...

Did anyone end up swinging by?!

I would like to get this done for my 1992 aristo (lexus GS300)......it looks like the same cluster as that SC400 you took apart,

How much for blue L.E.D.'s in this if I shipped it out to you?

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hey Paul i send you a private message eariler and i dont know if it send and i dont wanna spam your inbox so I'll ask you here I was wondering do those LED lights come in another color or blue is only color and do you know how to do it for a SC300 1992? and how much would it cost? I live in CA San Gabriel so if you can get me these info I would be glad to do some buisneses with you : )

• 3 weeks later...

First of all congratulations of your skill, its a great one.

I would like to know if you would be willing to do a 1998 GS300. I would be able to drive there from Santa Cruz Ca. I actually visit my g/f back home in Bakersfield so I would not mind the drive and stay in Orange County for a weekend. Let me know. torentine@gmail.com

GS300.gif