Ps Pressure Hose

My PS pressure hose is leaking bad and the only people that have it is Lexus and they want $320, FOR A HOSE!!! i tried the supra one but it is actually different, its not bent correctly, and is only $50. Instead of getting the hose rebuilt I would prefer it was new, anyone know where there is a normal price for this hose less than $150?? or do I need to empty my wallet? and does anyone know where to get a good rack and pinion seal kit?

I would take it out clean it and replace the crush gasket it has. Second you could also take it to a hydraulic shop and have them rebuilt it, they will use the same fittings unless the fittings are damaged beyond repair. The dealer told me mine was bad, I took it apart checked it for cracks burrs and found that it has a fitting, the one that tightness to the pump was the one that was leaking. It saw the fitting was burr, I took sand paper and Dex III tranny fluid and smoothed out the surface, put everything back together no more leaks. The fitting is probably the culprit of the problem, not the hose itselft unless the hose is puntucred, if that is the case then you have to rebuild it and the fittings are fine. I save all the money for a new hose and did not cost me more than five bucks total. Its been a year of this, and had no leaks from that area, the rack is leaking a bit but does not even leave a puddle just a little, not enough to concern me. Good Luck if you look in the past forums there you should find mine experience in the LS 400.

CPR

My PS pressure hose is leaking bad and the only people that have it is Lexus and they want $320, FOR A HOSE!!! i tried the supra one but it is actually different, its not bent correctly, and is only $50. Instead of getting the hose rebuilt I would prefer it was new, anyone know where there is a normal price for this hose less than $150?? or do I need to empty my wallet? and does anyone know where to get a good rack and pinion seal kit?

Hello....I have a SC300's PS pressure hose. If you want it, I will sell it for $240. It is my email:yongdar007@yahoo.com.tw