Manual Base 250 Rwd?

Can one purchase a 6 mt base IS250 for around $27000. Or am I in Jetta territory? I am willing to wait for the car. I notice that invoice for this car is $25716. Asuming $1000 over invoice it should be theoreticaly doable. I stopped in to two dealers in LA who were not interested in selling anything that was not on the lot or did not include a luxury package.

Can one purchase a 6 mt base IS250 for around $27000. Or am I in Jetta territory? I am willing to wait for the car. I notice that invoice for this car is $25716. Asuming $1000 over invoice it should be theoreticaly doable. I stopped in to two dealers in LA who were not interested in selling anything that was not on the lot or did not include a luxury package.

Good Luck.

Not many dealers have manual 250's let alone true "strippers"

I have an 06 manual with sports pak that I was told could not be made.

All it took was a salesperson who was willing to 1) look to see if they build the car & 2) to forgo the immediate gratification of a sale NOW and look to 90 -120 days into the future.

WE got our car the way WE wanted it and it was worth the wait!!

Try LEXUS OF VALENCIA (part of the Keyes family) and ask for the Internet manager - he's a standup guy

He'll either order or find what you want.

Please let us know what you get your car for and where you get it! I'm looking at potentially getting a manual 250 with only a couple of options and it'd be wonderful to know how low we can pick these things up for. Do note that in the thread detailing how much various members paid for their cars and where they got them, that at least one or two people got $100-$150 below invoice price.

Do your research! Check www.edmunds.com ad find out if Lexus is offering any incentives, look to see if lexus is offering their dealers buy back(a rebate sent to the dealer at the end of the month for each vehicle sold. this way they can list the invoice price as one number, but have their actual cost be lower than invoice in the end).

Be willing to drive for the best deal.

• 4 weeks later...

I got a base model IS 250 MT for $29,250. I wanted this car so badly but it was out of my price range with any options at all so I had the dealer order me one on December 21st. Standard wating period is about 4 months I guess, which is how long Ill be wating :cries: At the time I figured that a Lexus comes with all the luxuries I want standard anyways so it wouldn't bother me.... but now Im reading about everybody's cars and all the cool options they got and I want them too! Next time I guess, Im sure once I drive my car for the first time I will be satisfied.