Brake Pads Gs300

I am getting ready to replace the brake pads on my 1993 GS300 this weekend.

Are there any insights on if this is a task to undertake or does this require special tools and not worth the headache. I have replaced pads many times on my other cars, just have never done this on a Lexus.

Any recomendations :P

very easy its the same as most cars.only thing you need is most likey brake bits but might even not need that.im sure a socket set ect..and of course something to push the caliper in with like a c clamp.if you did them on other cars then you will be fine.

I also am about to replace my back pads on a 98 GS300. I have been told that it is best to use lexus/toyota OME parts because of the composite rotors, any others such as Bendex(which I think are great pads) will cause noise when braking.

I rather not buy pads from the dealer, does anyone know which pads were OME for the GS?

Where is the best and/or cheapest place to buy parts such as these on-line, as I am new to the Lexus parts buying scene.

Thanks

Michael

Michael - I replaced my rear pads and it was a pretty straight forward job. Just had to make sure that the clips, springs and spacers that were on the original pads were moved on the new ones.

I used oem pads which have a lifetime warranty and purchased them from Autozone here in Dallas ($26).

The are great no problems. Good luck.

Viraf