Water In Headlight Help!

I installed aftermarket HID lights in my girlfriends new IS250, and Im getting water condensation on the inside of the headlight on the drivers side. The only thing I could think of to be causing this problem is that I drilled a hole on the rear cover to run the wires. But I dried out the headlight, and patched the hole as best I could with tape. It still gets water build up though. The passenger side is perfectly fine even with the drilled hole exposed. The only other problem i can see is that the windshield wiper fluid is on the drivers side right next to the headlight.....but with the hole closed up, I dont see what the problem is. i didnt take apart the headlight or anything, so what am I missing? Back when I had a civic, I took apart the headlight to put in clear corners, and it had water condensation when i would wash the car, but it would dry out on its own. With the lexus, it wont dry out on its own, even when the hole was exposed. Has anyone had this problem or heard about this problem. Im running out of ideas and any help would greatly appreciated. Thanks

It's recommended to replace the gasket whenever that cover on the headlight is removed. Also you may not have got it completely dry inside. If there's moisture trapped in there it's going to condense and show up when the outside temperature changes. Maybe a hair dryer on low setting would thoroughly dry out the unit. You also should dry and seal the passenger side as well.

Some of the HID kits come with a rubber grommet that fits into the hole you make and seals there and around the wires. It does a better sealing job and makes a much better looking installation.

• 2 months later...

I installed aftermarket HID lights in my girlfriends new IS250, and Im getting water condensation on the inside of the headlight on the drivers side. The only thing I could think of to be causing this problem is that I drilled a hole on the rear cover to run the wires. But I dried out the headlight, and patched the hole as best I could with tape. It still gets water build up though. The passenger side is perfectly fine even with the drilled hole exposed. The only other problem i can see is that the windshield wiper fluid is on the drivers side right next to the headlight.....but with the hole closed up, I dont see what the problem is. i didnt take apart the headlight or anything, so what am I missing? Back when I had a civic, I took apart the headlight to put in clear corners, and it had water condensation when i would wash the car, but it would dry out on its own. With the lexus, it wont dry out on its own, even when the hole was exposed. Has anyone had this problem or heard about this problem. Im running out of ideas and any help would greatly appreciated. Thanks

I also installed HID eight months ago and I just got one problem in the headlight. There are a lot of CONDENSATION in the driver side of headlight. Take Mr. bartkat suggestion. He is definitely right (Thanks to bartkat). Make sure that DRY out the housing with a hair dayer first, then the reseal the hole where you put the wires through. Now I don't see any condensation in my headlight any more.

Since headlight has been modified, it is not under warranty. Dealer found the problem and look at it, then they charged one hour labor without fixing anything.

This is a little off topic, but I was wondering what kit did you guys purchased? Xenon depot or from where? How is the light output? Any glares? Any adjustment required? I was planning to put in HIDs for my car too. Thanks everyone!

This is a little off topic, but I was wondering what kit did you guys purchased? Xenon depot or from where? How is the light output? Any glares? Any adjustment required? I was planning to put in HIDs for my car too. Thanks everyone!

I bought it (H11, 6000K) at Xenondepot and asked someone to install it. It is bright and a little blue.

I thought HID's were psuedo standard on new lexus models, not standard but you couldn't purchase one without it... kind of like getting a lex with a cloth interior...

Not true. Especially on 2006 models where HID only came with the high end option packages. For 2007, HID is available by itself, but has to be specified on order. I'd guess half the 2nd generation IS don't have HID.