Bluetooth Phonebook Transfer - *success*

As I understand from my provider (verizon wireless) this only works with some cell phones. Currently Verizon only sells 2 phones with this feature.

I have the LG VX8600 (Flip version of the chocolate) with VZW and I transferred my address book very easily. It maxed me out at 10 numbers at a time, but my entire address book transferred in 5-10 minutes.

Can you give me the steps you used to transfer the phone book ..Thanks in advance

• 6 months later...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I understand from my provider (verizon wireless) this only works with some cell phones. Currently Verizon only sells 2 phones with this feature.

I have the LG VX8600 (Flip version of the chocolate) with VZW and I transferred my address book very easily. It maxed me out at 10 numbers at a time, but my entire address book transferred in 5-10 minutes.

Can you give me the steps you used to transfer the phone book ..Thanks in advance

I would like to know how to do this as well. I have a LG VX8100 phone and I hit transfer data on the nav system and it says transfering.... please add from bluetooth phone and it shows that forever and doesnt add the phone book, please help!!!! thanks

A few months ago I did get an appointment with the Lexus BT guru for my Motorola RAZR. He showed me how to transfer entries one at a time using the send contact from the phone book menu. It was the best they could offer. I did a few and gave up. So complicated in the Lexus Nav screen menu I forgot now. In any case, you can't enter a number while driving, so I am back to using the phone to dial.

• 4 months later...

Anyone have any experience transferring the phone book from a blue tooth phone, specifically a Treo 700p. When I select transfer phone book on the nav system, I get a message that the transfer is in progerss but nothing happens, blue tooth connection is lost untill I cancel transfer, then it connects again. Anyone accomoplish this?

Thanks

I just got an IS with Nav and could not transfer the phone book from my Treo 700w either. It seems you need the "Bluetooth Phonebook Transfer Option" on your phone. Most common $99 flip phones have that but our $500 PDA Phones do not, go figure. If you figure it out let me know.

I'd recommend you check to see if you have the most current firmware update. Also you may need to change your format. The phone number listings should only be digits, no special characters such as "-", "(", or ")". If you still can't transfer the contacts, see if you can put your phone numbers into a quicklist category in your phone and try to transfer the quick list. Also I would check with the Treo forums such as Treocentral for more help.

• 3 weeks later...
I'd recommend you check to see if you have the most current firmware update. Also you may need to change your format. The phone number listings should only be digits, no special characters such as "-", "(", or ")". If you still can't transfer the contacts, see if you can put your phone numbers into a quicklist category in your phone and try to transfer the quick list. Also I would check with the Treo forums such as Treocentral for more help.

I think this may have to do with your phone's service provider as well. I have a 700p w/ sprint and it works. But I'm pretty sure verizon cripples certain bluetooth functionality so you may not be able to transfer the phonebook if you have service with them.

My BlackBerry from work has the phone disabled, but I have the option to get one with a phone. I'm thinking about doing it, but I have almost 2000 contacts in it--would there be a way to transfer only selected contacts, but without doing it one at a time??

• 2 months later...
I have a Palm Treo 650 from Verizon and bluetooth link works fine.

- GM

I have a palm treo as well I'm trying to link with my IS250 2007 (just bought it :) ) can you give me the steps on how to do this? can't get it to link.....

-HS