Bluetooth Phonebook Transfer - *success*

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a similar problem with my Verizon LG VX8100, I inquired at my dealership and found out this was not the first time they had the question. The answer is quite simple actually, there are only 3 service providers that the bluetooth devise will work 100% of the time, Cingular, Sprint and T-Mobile I believe were the three. Verizon (in their ploy to make more money) wants you to use their bluetooth headsets and thus have the phones made to work well with their devises only. So basically your droped calls are a result of your service provider tying to profit off of you. You must restart your car to get the connection working again. One more thing, the call is not droped, only the bluetooth is, the call will transfer back to you phone and you can continue talking on that. If the call was droped you probably hit a bad service area and there's not much you can do about that.

On a side note, I am pretty angry about this and I hope someone finds out something different

You can check out your phones compatibility at:

http://www.lexus.com/models/IS/accessories...ml?s_ocid=30013

My phone is the RAZR V3 and I have cingular as my service provider. I continue to have a problem every now and then. It happend again this evening, previous time was about 2 weeks ago. All though it is not that often, when it does happen, it makes me angry that I have to grab the phone to continue the conversation, which in this state is not legal to do. :censored:

I just wanted to follow up as I just got off the phone with Verizon wireless customer support. I wanted to verify the Lexus claims that it was a problem with Verizon not the car.

To make a long story short it could be an issue with the version of Bluetooth software your phone is currently using. I would verify that you are using the latest software, version 05. You should be able to do this on your phone and you can figure out how to do this or call / read the manual for your phone.

Here is how the long version went:

The rep said that it was a possibility that the phone might not work 100% of the time. They have a list of every phone and were able to check with the make and model of the car to see if it was compatible. My LG VX8100 should have no problems connecting and talking. (Thus ruling out Lexus’s claim that it was the phones fault).

He then had me check the software on my phone to see what version of the Bluetooth software I had and suggested that I upgrade to the latest software at a Verizon store (free of charge to do so).

I happened to have Version 04 - Version 05 is on the market and "should solve my problem with dropped calls".

He also said that Motorola phones seem to work the best with Lexus cars due to the fact that Denzo makes the Bluetooth connection devise for Lexus? Sounded good to me, but who knows if that is true.

I am going to the store today and will let everyone know if it solved my problem.

I, too, use an LG VX8100 with Verizon as my provider. In general, the Bluetooth works flawlessly. I've had a couple of times when the Bluetooth dropped and I believe that it was external radio interference that caused it. One time in particular I was driving on I-10 in the LA area in heavy traffic and when I passed an 18-wheeler under an underpass I instantly lost the Bluetooth connection and had to pick up the phone. I don't believe it was a coincidence. Something with the truck caused the connection to drop. Actually, there are so many radio waves hitting us all them time its amazing that anything works, especially when you're mobile. One thing that may reduce the broken connections is setting your phone to not advertise itself by making the visibility "Hidden" and opposed to "Show to All" in the Bluetooth settings. If you're not on a call and the Bluetooth connection to the car is lost, turning the phone off and back on will re-establish the connection. Hope this helps.

One more thought... I have found that a second cell phone in the car sometimes can cause Bluetooth connection problems, especially if the second phone is physically close to the Bluetooth phone. On occasion, I have put my Treo in my pocket with my VX and when I start the car the Bluetooth connection to the VX almost always fails.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a Palm Treo 650 from Verizon and bluetooth link works fine.

- GM

I just hooked up my Verizon Palm Treo 700w in my 2007 IS350. The phone functions work fine but I get no signal strength or battery info on the bluetooth screen. Any way to get these working?

Russ

Palms seem to be hit or miss when it comes to bluetooth compatibility. I've just noticed all Palm phones have been removed from the Lexus bluetooth site. I remember the 650 was on the site, and I thought the 700 was also, but they're both completely removed. Even Palm admits their bluetooth has issues, but new update for the 700 is coming out soon.

http://treocast.treocentral.com/PalmResponseLetter.pdf

My LG VX9800 works fine (Verizon).

The battery strength shows

The phone book works as prescribed

One way I have gotten around dialing numbers or retreiving numbers in the phone book while in motion is to slect them by using the phone itself, and when I select "send", the car's bluetooth does the rest.

I still think it is ridiculous to be able to program only 20 voice dials. If I would have known the Nav/Phone system was so limited while the car is in motion, I would have went with the new Acura TL "S". Lesson learned. I didn't think to ask these questions since my MINI Cooper "S" Nav works while in motion plus it mutes the radio when giving directions.

I at least think the system should allow in-motion access (other than voice) when someone is detected in the passnger seat.

• 2 weeks later...

Is the below Lexus list of Bluetooth compatible phones for the IS350 current? Most of the phones offered by Verizon are not on the below list. I find it hard to believe that I only have 1 or 2 phone choices if I want to go with Verizon. Perhaps other carriers have more choices?

http://www.lexus.letstalk.com/bluetooth/bt_userguides.htm

-David

Hi.. I have a 2006 IS350 The VX8100 LG phone does everything except allow downloading the internal phone book, you have to put the numbers in manually you have three pages of speed dials that you can use while driving or use the voice mode to tell the system the number, it shows the phone signal strenth and battery level of charge..

Lesterah

*Results may vary due to phone manufacturer/model as well as features/options*

- Get your car/system to the point where it's ready to recieve the transfer of contacts.

- On your phone, go to the phonebook and access option (not for any specific number, but the general options for your general phonebook)

- Look for any "Send" options; specifically for my phone, the option was "SEND NAME CARD VIA..."

- Select All Contacts

- Send

- Done

Took about 15 seconds to transfer all of my numbers.

Hope this helps in any way, form or fashion. Keep in mind that it all depends on the menu options/ feature options that your phone may have. You may have to look for "SEND" options on your phone.

Regards.

As I understand from my provider (verizon wireless) this only works with some cell phones. Currently Verizon only sells 2 phones with this feature.

I have the LG VX8600 (Flip version of the chocolate) with VZW and I transferred my address book very easily. It maxed me out at 10 numbers at a time, but my entire address book transferred in 5-10 minutes.

I have the 2007 rx400h. I have been reading all about the bluetooth problems, especialy with regard to the phone book. I tried and tried to transfer phone book with no success. I went to verizon for help or to buy a new phone if needed...they said they could not help.

All this because I was too impatient to wait for my bluetooth appointmet with my lexus dealer, which was set up last week when I purchased my new car. After reading all posts, i had pretty much given up on making it work. I have a motorola e815 phone.

I just came back from my appointmet, and their bluetooth guy had everything up and running in 10 minutes. All phonebook (about 300 contacts) are now in my nav system. No new phone required.

Very happy!

The only thing left is to take my phone and edit all "1's" from the begining of my 10 digit contacts and then reload my phone book again. It seems the Lexus system does not recognize the caller ID if there is a 1 before phone number.

Go ask your dealer if you are having problems. :D

As I understand from my provider (verizon wireless) this only works with some cell phones. Currently Verizon only sells 2 phones with this feature.

I have the LG VX8600 (Flip version of the chocolate) with VZW and I transferred my address book very easily. It maxed me out at 10 numbers at a time, but my entire address book transferred in 5-10 minutes.

Yes the V, EnV and the chocolate (8600 and 8600) phones are the only one currently sold by VZW which do the phonebook.

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.lexus.com/models/ES/accessories...ml?s_ocid=30001

pick your car model and year and itll list all the phones, and phone companies that are compatible with a list of features it works with depending on the car.

With the help of that site, I bought a Motorola RAZR for me and also for my wife's MB '07 CLK. The Lexus site does say in the BT specs for the RAZR "Transfer multiple phonebook entries to the handsfree system at once No". So why list the phone at all if it is not totally BT compatible?

Her RAZR phone book downloaded seamlessly with the touch of a button.

Mine, after 4 readings each of the Lexus manual and the phone manual, drops the BT connection every time I press "Transfer Data".

I am not a technology idiot, but I will feel like one when I have to call the Lexus dealer for a "Bluetooth Appointment".:chairshot:

I have a sony ericcson z525a from cingular and under the lexus webpage it says you can't transfer the entire phonebook in 1 transfer, but you in fact can do this. I did it. It takes time if you have lots of contacts. I did it a few months ago, but it took 5 minutes or so to transfer around 100 contacts, but they were all sent unless they had a pause or wait in the phone number. If you have issues with this phone maybe I can help.

This from another website, someone with a Sony Ericsson and a BMW:

"After having to listen to a complete load of bull and excuses both from BMW Service and Sony, I went down to my local dealer who fixed it. Apparently the problem is that the address book will not download from the SIM card but if you copy it to phone memory it will work. I now have a fully functioning Bluetooth system in the car."

I tried it but it didn't help me with my RAZR and Lexus. Time to call Lexus service.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got my IS 250 (which I love) and I have been trying to add my phonebook without success. I have the LG 8300 - which I have already paired to my navigation system and according to Lexus I should be able to transfer my LG notebook. Is it possible for someone to give me a step-by-step - who is also familiar with this phone?

Thanks