Bluetooth Phonebook Transfer - *success*

Is the below Lexus list of Bluetooth compatible phones for the IS350 current? Most of the phones offered by Verizon are not on the below list. I find it hard to believe that I only have 1 or 2 phone choices if I want to go with Verizon. Perhaps other carriers have more choices?

http://www.lexus.letstalk.com/bluetooth/bt_userguides.htm

-David

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen numerous phones work with the IS350. I have a Motorola V551 and Blackberry 7100t myself. I've seen a Treo, Windows Mobile 5 based and Sony Ericsson phone link up.

There is varying support for transfering the phonebook from the phone to the car, though. Motorola phones are only able to do it one entry at a time.

Matt

Is the below Lexus list of Bluetooth compatible phones for the IS350 current? Most of the phones offered by Verizon are not on the below list. I find it hard to believe that I only have 1 or 2 phone choices if I want to go with Verizon. Perhaps other carriers have more choices?

http://www.lexus.letstalk.com/bluetooth/bt_userguides.htm

-David

David.

I have a Motorola E398 and the bluetooth connects very easily.

I would say that if your phone has bluettoth that works with other products (headset, computers, PDAs) then it is going to work with the Lexus.

As Matt said, the motorola seem to only be able to push one phone book entry at a time to the Lexus. I do know that some of the Sony-Ericson can push the whole phonebook to other devices and this will work to the Lexus as well.

There have been postings about the PDAs and there pushing to the Lexus and the format the phone numbers come out on the Lexus. See www.clublexus.com

Michael.

Everytime I click upload the phone book it always disconnect my phone and nothing would happen. I have Razer V3c from Verizon and sales told me Verizon disable the upload function, is that true? Can anyone help here? Thank you.

Justin

First post!

New owner of an IS250, got it last night. My Cingular 2125 works perfectly for calling and dialing. I have not yet figured out how to transfer my address book, although I haven't had the time to look. Has anyone done this??

Everytime I click upload the phone book it always disconnect my phone and nothing would happen. I have Razer V3c from Verizon and sales told me Verizon disable the upload function, is that true? Can anyone help here? Thank you.

Justin

I'd also like to know this, I can't upload my phone book either. I have a Cingular 2125 (Windows Mobile 2005 SmartPhone). When the Nav system says to start, I "beam" a contact to the car from my phone, the phone says it completed, the car says it failed. So wtf? :)

Mike

Justin

Verizon ALWAYS disables items on a phone that they do not want to support...

Just another reason why I can not stand that company..... :chairshot:

I'm not sure about the other phone companies, but I have a Motorola V710 through Verizon, which was one of the first models they offered with Bluetooth.

After purchasing it, I learned that Verizon sold the phones with a hacked version of what Motorola had installed, which removed all wireless upload/download capabilites. They did this so users would be forced to use their GetItNow service, which costs per use.

Verizon lost a lawsuit over this, and in turn, had to offer every customer with the V710 a discount on their next bill, which I received.

Bottom line, if you have a Verizon phone with Bluetooth, you're going to have little to no luck uploading your phonebook to the car. :censored:

Two threads appear to have opposite recommendations on Bluetooth compatibility with Verizon. In

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...showtopic=28449

several problems are reported with Verizon bluetooth phones and the IS350. One of the problems was with the RAZR V3c. However, CariSoul states that there is no problem with this phone and the IS350 when subscribing to Verizon. So what's the correct story here?

• 3 months later...

Hey everyone I'm a noob so please forgive me if this might have been answered before (although I didn't find anything when I did a search). I am having problems transferring my phone book through the bluetooth. Whenever I press the button to transfer the phonebook it just disconnects the bluetooth connection to the phone. I have a 2006 IS 250 and my phone is a Nextel i870. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance.

Hey everyone I'm a noob so please forgive me if this might have been answered before (although I didn't find anything when I did a search). I am having problems transferring my phone book through the bluetooth. Whenever I press the button to transfer the phonebook it just disconnects the bluetooth connection to the phone. I have a 2006 IS 250 and my phone is a Nextel i870. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance.

I dont remember how I did it... but I do remember it was a pain in the A$$$$... you have to do one at a time... and it seemed like it took 4 or 5 steps to do each one.... I gave up after #3.... :censored:

http://lexusbluetooth.letstalk.com/brands/...9657_05Navi.pdf

• 2 months later...

Justin

I'd also like to know this, I can't upload my phone book either. I have a Cingular 2125 (Windows Mobile 2005 SmartPhone). When the Nav system says to start, I "beam" a contact to the car from my phone, the phone says it completed, the car says it failed. So wtf? :)

Mike

Did you get your 2125 to work yet. I just got the IS250AWD and have the Cingular 2125 and no luck on the transfer as well. It looks like you need to manually put in everyone. Hmmmmmm

First post!

New owner of an IS250, got it last night. My Cingular 2125 works perfectly for calling and dialing. I have not yet figured out how to transfer my address book, although I haven't had the time to look. Has anyone done this??

I am trying to get this to work now! Did you every figure it out yet?

Steve

Every now and then my bluetooth connection drops while I am on the phone and a message says "Bluetooth device not connected. The call is not droped but I do have to grab the phone to continue to talk. The only way I can reconnect and continue hands free is to pull over, shut the car off and then restart the car. Does anyone else have this problem and if so, how do I reconnect without shutting off the car? :wacko:

I have a problem with my Bluetooth connection too on my 07' IS250. I can dial out fine. But everything I pick up a call, it got dropped all the point. I am using a Nokia E61 phone. I'm going to try a different Bluetooth phone and see if the same problem presist. :cries: :cries: