Accessory ,drive Belt Adjuster Pulley

BowtieJC

i believe you have to buy the whole assy. although if you feel like it im sure you can punch out the bearing and press a new one in after finding the right size... but i think it would be much easier to just buy the whole assy. :P

Yeah, it'd be easier just to buy the complete assembly. But you can replace just the bearing/pulley. It's alomost the same price though. I'd just replace the complete assemble and save the time....for some beers.

Thanks, my next question is ,how hard of a job is it to replace the whole assembly, I usually do all work myself unless it is to complicated. The shop that I use sometimes quoted me an estimation of $450.00 to fix it. Would it be worth it to let them do it or just attempt it myself. Thanks again

PLEASE do it yourself it is very easy. save the money for those beers. trying to remember how, i believe you have to take the top plastic piece off, and there are 6 hex screws, then you can take off the one blocking the pulley,there are 3 more hex screws, one is kinda deep in the plastic cover in the middle. then there are just 2 or 3 bolts holding to the engine, 12mm bolts i believe, its about $120 for the part, and takes maybe 10 minutes to take it off so dont give the mechanic the satisfaction and do it yourself! let me know if you have any questions

PLEASE do it yourself it is very easy. save the money for those beers. trying to remember how, i believe you have to take the top plastic piece off, and there are 6 hex screws, then you can take off the one blocking the pulley,there are 3 more hex screws, one is kinda deep in the plastic cover in the middle. then there are just 2 or 3 bolts holding to the engine, 12mm bolts i believe, its about $120 for the part, and takes maybe 10 minutes to take it off so dont give the mechanic the satisfaction and do it yourself! let me know if you have any questions

So, how about just replacing the belt? Even easier? Mine's OK right now, but its ~50K miles old and is showing some cracking.

I see where you are listed as having a 93 SC300. I have a 92 and had the same thing happen. I had it replaced by my mechanic for about $185.00 (if memory serves me correctly). He said that the original part tended to wear unevenly (it created a crowned aspect which allowed the belt to misalign itself), fray, and eventually shred. The replacement part is made of a different material. I haven't had any problems since. I usually recommend that a person replace that pulley when they change the timing belt at 90,000 miles if they have an older SC300.

Where is the best place to buy the adjuster assembly, And any detailed pics of the plastic cover removal would be HIGHLY appreciated. Any detailed info would help, I have never done this to a Lexus so I am just a little gun shy, Thanks