Motion Lockout

lancek

On 2006 430 Does any one know how to disable the Navigation systems motion sensor so

a new destination can be set or phone call can be made while in motion?

Does any one know if there is a Verizon Phone on which the contact list can be transferred via blue tooth to the cars memory?

I have the same desire, but no luck so far. There are several threads on the site that discuss this, but none of the simple techniques seem to work on my 2006 LS 430. One that apparently came from the RS model would actually get to a screen that made sense, but when I pressed the last button as directed below nothing happened.

Nav Override:

hit the menu button go into the menu that says guidance volume

Tap the screen

top left

bottom left

top left

bottom left

bottom right

hold down the overide button till it beeps and it has a black outline around it

dont play wit any thing else in this menu

then just hit back

you will have to do this every time you start the car

I would note that the Nav system / software was apparently upgraded on the LS in 2004/5 to Version 4.

There is a discussion of actually cutting and splicing the speed sensor wire, near the LCD display if my memory is correct, which appeared to be a valid method when I reviewed the wiring diagrams. However, this may disable the Nav system feature where the cars tries to navigate if the sat signal is unavailable, there is risk you may damage something, etc.

Side note, it is well worth spending $10 on the 24 hour pass to the toyota tech info web site, I was able to download all the repair manuals, wiring diagram, latest tech notes, etc. in a few hours. However, they are 1000's of little files with wierd names, that I later spent some time putting them together into functional groups with Adobe Acrobat.

Happy correction, I found a thread on the GS forum for the GS 450 and it does work for the 2006 LS 430!!! The difference from my earlier post is that the last step was dropped.

PRESS IN SEQUENCE :

«MENU»

«Volume"«

touching the top left corner

bottom left corner

top left corner

bottom left corner

«Over Ride» for five second (until it comes up blue)

«back»

My sincere thanks to whoever worked this out on the GS forum.

Happy correction, I found a thread on the GS forum for the GS 450 and it does work for the 2006 LS 430!!! The difference from my earlier post is that the last step was dropped.

PRESS IN SEQUENCE :

«MENU»

«Volume"«

bottom left corner

top left corner

bottom left corner

«back»

My sincere thanks also. I'd like to add that the software on my are is 5.0 and everyone should check theirs

On my 430 you have to accept the language/warning screen before pressing "menu". Also when touching the screen corners, since nothing happens you are inclined to press harder. DON"T. just touch slowly and the internal menu screen will come up. On my software the override or any other item turns blue when you touch it. If you hold for five seconds a darker border comes up around the overide position. Then it bach and everything works. When you are on the internal menu screen touch version to check the level of your soft ware.

LanceK

• 1 month later...

PRESS IN SEQUENCE :

«MENU»

«Volume"«

bottom left corner

top left corner

bottom left corner

«back»

My sincere thanks also. I'd like to add that the software on my are is 5.0 and everyone should check theirs

On my 430 you have to accept the language/warning screen before pressing "menu". Also when touching the screen corners, since nothing happens you are inclined to press harder. DON"T. just touch slowly and the internal menu screen will come up. On my software the override or any other item turns blue when you touch it. If you hold for five seconds a darker border comes up around the overide position. Then it bach and everything works. When you are on the internal menu screen touch version to check the level of your soft ware.

LanceK

I must be doing something wrong. When I try to follow these steps, nothing happens. I go to the menu, volume, touch top left, bottom left, top left, bottom left, and nothing changes.

I also tried the other approach of option, language, top left, btm left, top left, btm left, btm right and all still nothing.

I tried both moving and parked.

Any ideas of what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks

Hank ('06 LS430)

• 4 months later...

PRESS IN SEQUENCE :

«MENU»

«Volume"«

bottom left corner

top left corner

bottom left corner

«back»

LanceK

PRESS IN SEQUENCE :

«MENU»

«Volume"«

bottom left corner

top left corner

bottom left corner

«back»

LanceK

This worked on our 04 LS430. Thanks to all. George

Thanks to those above that continue to work this. Its on all the forums that the Generation 5 of the nav system (2006 IS, 2007 model year LS and others) apparently have no override beyond cutting / splicing the wires (at least I haven't seen anything on the forums). I didn't know that the yearly map update might also lock that out for those of us with the Generation 4 nav system (2005-2006 LS). We puchased our LS 430 in early 2006, so it came with the 2005 map data (Ver 5.1) and the override works. I wasn't planning to purchase the 2006 Ver 6.1 upgrade, but now it appears that any future upgrades should be treated with caution. It might be pssible for someone with the 2006 Ver 6.1 software to find a 2005 Ver 5.1 dvd and get the override function at the loss of some new development map data. I've seen references to making a copy of the nav dvd on various computer hardware sets, with some discussion that specific dvd burner software and specific brands of discs work and that others may not (not surprising with anything that Microsoft touches!).