2006 Gx 470 Was Stolen Last Night.

jasp615

I can't believe it. I've only had this truck for 4 months and last night I must of dropped my keys unloading my packages and didn't noticed since my husband was driving and he had his keys and locked the truck by using them. Well they got my keys to my house and truck and took off. We did recover the truck a couple of hours later but they smashed in my back bumper I'm thankful.

Thanks to Lexus link they were able to find this truck pretty fast once they cleared all information and had a DC number. This all took too much time and we could have moved faster if they would have just worked with the police and you didn't have to go through so many prompts. This makes it even harder when your upset. We had all our locks changed today.

Second the person that stole my truck now has the keys since when they recovered my truck the keys and the person were not in it. My insurance company will pay to cut another key to replace the one taken but they won't pay to have the key recoded. Now I don't know about you but this is insane......Once this truck is fixed and returned what do I do wait for the person to come back and steal it again????I would think it would be cheaper in the long run to just pay this and provide a secure truck again. Recoding the keys would be 1700.00 is this the going rate? By doing this the old key would become useless and we wouldn't have to worry about them coming back and stealing the truck with the key.

To think I got rid of the 2005 Escalade because it was number one in theift and having a son getting ready to drive I didn't think this was safe.

I guess I will see what happens. By the way my dealership who I called this morning and who is in the next state sent someone to pick up my truck and get it out of my area to fix it. In this time while they have my truck they will do the TSB with the clunk (parts came in and I was scheduled for Feb 8th) and do my 5000 mile check up even though I'm early. They really bent over backwards to help me out.

Sami

I can't believe it. I've only had this truck for 4 months and last night I must of dropped my keys unloading my packages and didn't noticed since my husband was driving and he had his keys and locked the truck by using them. Well they got my keys to my house and truck and took off. We did recover the truck a couple of hours later but they smashed in my back bumper I'm thankful.

Thanks to Lexus link they were able to find this truck pretty fast once they cleared all information and had a DC number. This all took too much time and we could have moved faster if they would have just worked with the police and you didn't have to go through so many prompts. This makes it even harder when your upset. We had all our locks changed today.

Second the person that stole my truck now has the keys since when they recovered my truck the keys and the person were not in it. My insurance company will pay to cut another key to replace the one taken but they won't pay to have the key recoded. Now I don't know about you but this is insane......Once this truck is fixed and returned what do I do wait for the person to come back and steal it again????I would think it would be cheaper in the long run to just pay this and provide a secure truck again. Recoding the keys would be 1700.00 is this the going rate? By doing this the old key would become useless and we wouldn't have to worry about them coming back and stealing the truck with the key.

To think I got rid of the 2005 Escalade because it was number one in theift and having a son getting ready to drive I didn't think this was safe.

I guess I will see what happens. By the way my dealership who I called this morning and who is in the next state sent someone to pick up my truck and get it out of my area to fix it. In this time while they have my truck they will do the TSB with the clunk (parts came in and I was scheduled for Feb 8th) and do my 5000 mile check up even though I'm early. They really bent over backwards to help me out.

Sami

I'm sorry to hear about your mishaps. I would, personally try to have the immoblizer code changed so the theif couldn't access your GX anymore. You and me are in the same boat as to bumper damage. Mine was my fault, but it still hurts to see it (on my 4R). The waiting period to getting our cars back fixed is what tests our patience. <_<

Up date on my truck. Allstate paid for everything which included re coding the key and new locks. My outside adjuster thought it was nuts to put this truck back on the street without new keys. Even if Allstate didn't pay for this we would have which would have cost 1700.00. The women who was the inside adjuster just wouldn't move on this point stating that the locks were not broken so they would not pay for anything that wasn't damaged. Well my security was damaged and I told her I'm sure the court system would love to hear that something happened that could have been prevented if Allstate would have changed the keys to begin with. That is when they agreed to pay for this.

As for my dealership. They were fantastic. They did everything in their power to make sure the truck was put back to the way it was before it was stolen. Thank God there was very little damage just the bumper which was replaced. Other then that the truck really wasn't touched. Cherry Hill Lexus went above and beyond with their customer service. Before owning a Lexus we have had 16 new trucks the last two being Escalades. I never had service like this before. If this is what owning a lexus is then I will be a long time customer.

While the truck was there for body work (new bumper) I had my 5000 mile check up even though I was only at 4000 miles. I also had the TSB done for the clunk and now the truck drives like a dream. I'm hoping the clunk is gone for good. So far so good. Cherry Hill came at a moments notice even though I wasn't on the schedule until Feb. But due to the thief they came right away to get it out of the neighborhood due to the keys still being out on the street. They never found the keys or the person that stole this. The truck was brought back yesterday in perfect condition. I'm thrilled.

One thing I did find out is.....when the keys are within range your security alarm will not work. I didn't know this. The alarm will not work if a key is left in the truck. Even if you lock and arm the truck the alarm will not go off if there is a key within range.

One thing I did find out is.....when the keys are within range your security alarm will not work. I didn't know this. The alarm will not work if a key is left in the truck. Even if you lock and arm the truck the alarm will not go off if there is a key within range.

That doesn't sound right. If I remove the key from the ignition, put the key in my pocket, lock the drivers door with the power lock switch and wait for the alarm to arm, about a half minute. Then open the inside door lock by hand (similar to what someone with a slim jim would do) open the door (remember, key is still in my pocket) and the alarm will surely sound. Yours doesn't sound like its working corectly.

That doesn't sound right. If I remove the key from the ignition, put the key in my pocket, lock the drivers door with the power lock switch and wait for the alarm to arm, about a half minute. Then open the inside door lock by hand (similar to what someone with a slim jim would do) open the door (remember, key is still in my pocket) and the alarm will surely sound. Yours doesn't sound like its working corectly.

OK I tried it the way you said and it worked but on Friday I couldn't get this to sound no matter what I tried. I guess I didn't wait long enough. Now another question will your truck lock itself? I noticed that if I use the remote to unlock the truck and if I don't get in it right away it will relock itself. But when leaving the truck the truck won't relock itself.

OK I tried it the way you said and it worked but on Friday I couldn't get this to sound no matter what I tried. I guess I didn't wait long enough. Now another question will your truck lock itself? I noticed that if I use the remote to unlock the truck and if I don't get in it right away it will relock itself. But when leaving the truck the truck won't relock itself.

The only way the vehicle will relock and arm is if you use the remote to unlock the vehicle and not open any door, the vehicle will relock and arm itself after about 30 seconds.

The only way the vehicle will relock and arm is if you use the remote to unlock the vehicle and not open any door, the vehicle will relock and arm itself after about 30 seconds.

Thank you for the insite. That is just what I thought. I'm glad we got the truck back with minor damage. I really love this truck now fixed it looks new again. Sounds funny but it's one of the few trucks that I really liked. This is also the first Non American truck that we have owned. I now know why many have left the US market. The truck itself is great but you can't bet the service from Lexus. Maybe Cadillac should take some lessons.