Rear Audio

Cami

I can't for the live of me figure out the rear audio system. Yes, I've read the manual, I simply can't get it to come on.

What are the capabilities of the system? How does it work?

BTW, I don't have DVD, just sound with a remote.

Thanks...Cami

With the rear seat audio, the person in the back can listen to their own music. BUT the front and back can't use the same mode. I.E. If the front listens to a certain station, but the kids in the back want to listen to a different station, it's not possible. If they want to listen to something different, they have to use a different mode (CD, cassette) because the system can't handle playing two different radio stations, or two different cds at one time.

Idk if it's just me, but I was at my Lexus dealership yesterday, saw some GX with Nav and 3rd seat, but is the rear seat audio been removed? I looked inside to see if they have DVD, and found just one little flat light on the ceiling, similar kind of light that the ones with rear DVD have. I think that's a rip off. To begin with, $53-$55k for a GX with 3rd seat and Nav is too much i think. Back then it was:

GX w/o anything (no 3rd seat) -$45,700

GX w/3rd seat - $47,000

GX w/3rd seat and DVD -$49,000

GX w/3rd seat and Nav/ML - $49,000 or $50,000

GX w/3rd seat, DVD, and Nav/ML (no aux in for the DVD system) - $51,0000

GX w/3rd seat, DVD, and Nav/ML (with aux input for DVD system) - $53,000

Idk if it's just me, but I was at my Lexus dealership yesterday, saw some GX with Nav and 3rd seat, but is the rear seat audio been removed? I looked inside to see if they have DVD, and found just one little flat light on the ceiling, similar kind of light that the ones with rear DVD have. I think that's a rip off. To begin with, $53-$55k for a GX with 3rd seat and Nav is too much i think. Back then it was:

GX w/o anything (no 3rd seat) -$45,700

GX w/3rd seat - $47,000

GX w/3rd seat and DVD -$49,000

GX w/3rd seat and Nav/ML - $49,000 or $50,000

GX w/3rd seat, DVD, and Nav/ML (no aux in for the DVD system) - $51,0000

GX w/3rd seat, DVD, and Nav/ML (with aux input for DVD system) - $53,000

Lexus did away with the RSAS on the 07 GX470. They claim their GX customers never used it. I wonder?

I did, and still do when I don't drive it. :whistles: It's pretty handy, even if you sit in the passenger's seat. No more with playing around with CD players or Ipods that have a dead battery or something. I just pop in my cd, let my dad listen to his station while i listen to my cd. That's a rip-off, imo. You pay more, you get less now. I'm guessing GXs w/RSES still have access to RSAS stuff, right?

I did, and still do when I don't drive it. :whistles: It's pretty handy, even if you sit in the passenger's seat. No more with playing around with CD players or Ipods that have a dead battery or something. I just pop in my cd, let my dad listen to his station while i listen to my cd. That's a rip-off, imo. You pay more, you get less now. I'm guessing GXs w/RSES still have access to RSAS stuff, right?

I gather by this that I/we must have the head phone plugged in to activate the system. I'm going now to the garage to give it a try....I'll report back soon...C

I did, and still do when I don't drive it.:whistles: It's pretty handy, even if you sit in the passenger's seat. No more with playing around with CD players or Ipods that have a dead battery or something. I just pop in my cd, let my dad listen to his station while i listen to my cd. That's a rip-off, imo. You pay more, you get less now. I'm guessing GXs w/RSES still have access to RSAS stuff, right?

I gather by this that I/we must have the head phone plugged in to activate the system. I'm going now to the garage to give it a try....I'll report back soon...C

Nope, that didn't work. I guess off to the dealer... :(