New Is 250 Awd Owner Here With Q Re- Exterior Mirrors

Just picked up my new car last Friday- Matador Red with tan leather. During delivery, the rep told me that the exterior rear view mirrors would tilt down when I placed the car in reverse, to give a view of the curb. He said it would do this when the mirror adjuster button was either right or left. It doesn't work in either position, and I haven't found the feature listed in the manual (yet).... I suspect that the sales rep was mis-informed and maybe this feature is found on other cars or IS's with backup sensors. Anyone know?:

Did I mention that this is a great car?

Thanks in advance.

jim

mirror tilting is only for the luxury package. if you dont have the luxury package, then you dont have tilting mirrors. if u think about it though, the mirrors are big enough so that u an see the curb, and the camera helps out with reversing too.

Thanks for the prompt replies. As I suspected, the sales guy musta been wrong. I would ideally like to have a few more options without buying the navi, but it certainly is a well optioned base model.

jim

I have an 06 IS350 with the luxury package and I have never seen the mirrors tilt. Is there a way to turn this feature on? I love the rearview camera but tilting mirrors would make my daily parallel parking so much easier. Thanks.

I have an 06 IS350 with the luxury package and I have never seen the mirrors tilt. Is there a way to turn this feature on? I love the rearview camera but tilting mirrors would make my daily parallel parking so much easier. Thanks.

Set the mirror selector switch to either L or R, depending on which mirror you want to tilt. If the switch is in the middle, neutral, position the tilt function is disabled.

The tilt mirror feature comes with the seat memory option. I don't believe there's an on/off feature for the tilt mirror. Sounds like you may have to bring it in to have it looked at. Might be a communication problem somewhere. When putting into reverse, the backup switch should tell the mirror computer, which should then activate the mirror motor control.

Update: You are right bartkat. Just looked in the owners manual on page 44. Tilt feature doesn't work withe mirror switch in neutral position.

The tilt mirror feature comes with the seat memory option. I don't believe there's an on/off feature for the tilt mirror. Sounds like you may have to bring it in to have it looked at. Might be a communication problem somewhere. When putting into reverse, the backup switch should tell the mirror computer, which should then activate the mirror motor control.

Update: You are right bartkat. Just looked in the owners manual on page 44. Tilt feature doesn't work withe mirror switch in neutral position.

Well then my theory was correct. I don't have the memory seats, so I don't have the tilt mirrors. The sales rep was mistaken. He spent considerable time describing the car's features but also spent a fair amount of time telling me how to fill out the survey I am supposed to get in the mail. Basically, I was asked to mark everything with top marks or he fails. Top marks ? for the mis-information I got ? I don't know.... It's a small detail, but one that I sort of want now that I don't have it -

Set the mirror selector switch to either L or R, depending on which mirror you want to tilt. If the switch is in the middle, neutral, position the tilt function is disabled.

I think both mirrors tilt no matter L or R.

I think both mirrors tilt no matter L or R.

Give it a try and let us know.

Thanks.