Sunroof Wind Noise

I have a 06 GS 430 and there is a lot of wind noise from the sunroof. I'm saying that it is so annoying at 70 mph that you need to close the inner fabric liner to be able to enjoy the expensive Mark Levinson stereo. I brought the car back to the dealership and they had it for a day, they made "adjustments" to it and said they thought it was much better. I drove it home 90 miles and it was better, but still much too noisy. (I have also have a 10 year old volvo and there is absolutely no noise from the roof.) The next day I opened the roof and when I closed it again it was as noisy as ever. The dealer said I can bring it back and they will go at it again, but I am sorry, a car like this should not have wind noise problems in the sunroof.

Any one else?

If the alignment of the roof panel is not flush within service manual spec., it can be noisy. There is a bit of audible noise with the inner panel open, but it should not be distracting. I can say that the GS sunroof is not the quietest among other makes, particularly when open.

• 5 months later...
If the alignment of the roof panel is not flush within service manual spec., it can be noisy. There is a bit of audible noise with the inner panel open, but it should not be distracting. I can say that the GS sunroof is not the quietest among other makes, particularly when open.

Have the same problem with my 06 430. Took it in to dealer. They tried to fix by replacing rubber around the glass on top of the car. Did not work. I gave up. If you find a solution let me know.

• 12 years later...