Tire Pressure And Engine Noise Question

Hi,

I finally broke down and bought IS250 Crystal White with Nav, ML, and 18 inch Package. However, this vehicle was bought out of town as there is no Lexus Dealership in my town.

Before I drove back home, I noticed that air in my tires were little low so I filled up to manufacturer specification; 35 on the front and 38 on the back. After driving for more than 400 miles, I realized today that front tire measured 32 and back tires were measured at 34. It this normal after long drive? Or do I have to keep filling air often on these Dunlop tires.

Another question is in regards to Engine noise when idling. There is this ticking tacking sounds when the car idling which seem to be coming from the engine. It is not loud enough for me to freak out but little noisy enough to annoy me a bit. I have been driving Nissan Truck for a long time and maybe this is what I need to get used to.

Any advise or comments are sincerely appreciated.

Dan

Hi,

I finally broke down and bought IS250 Crystal White with Nav, ML, and 18 inch Package. However, this vehicle was bought out of town as there is no Lexus Dealership in my town.

Before I drove back home, I noticed that air in my tires were little low so I filled up to manufacturer specification; 35 on the front and 38 on the back. After driving for more than 400 miles, I realized today that front tire measured 32 and back tires were measured at 34. It this normal after long drive? Or do I have to keep filling air often on these Dunlop tires.

Another question is in regards to Engine noise when idling. There is this ticking tacking sounds when the car idling which seem to be coming from the engine. It is not loud enough for me to freak out but little noisy enough to annoy me a bit. I have been driving Nissan Truck for a long time and maybe this is what I need to get used to.

Dan

Dan,

As to the question on tire pressure, set your tire pressure when the tires are cold to the specs, use the same gage each time you check the tires and do it when cold also, tires very approximately 3-5 psi when hot, that also depends the area you operate the vehicle Arizona or Oregon etc.. Note: you should have tire pressure monitoring, if so when you change tire pressure you need to initialize the setting in the computer, the directions are in the owners manual...

The noise you hear when idling is the direct fuel injection, the injectors on the IS 250 are different technology than other vehicles, this is the latest and gives you excellent fuel mileage, the IS 350 has both direct and manifold injection, mine is a IS350 and I hear the same thing... Just turn up that Mark Levinson

system and you will not hear a thing.. haha

George

Hi,

Dan

Where did you drive from? Was there a major difference in the weather like warmer where you got the car than where you drove to? PSI will drop about 1 pound per every 10 degrees in ambient temperature. Also the gage matters as menitoned in the post above. Always use the same one and check the tires before you drive very far.