1993 Sc 400 I Have!

Hey there guys, I have a 1993 sc 400, and I'm planning to change the brakes and rotors soon. Any recomemdation I should know about. I'm more of a stock kinda of guy, no racing, just easy driving..slot rotors? drilled rotors? and what kind of brakes? thanks...

Hey there guys, I have a 1993 sc 400, and I'm planning to change the brakes and rotors soon. Any recomemdation I should know about. I'm more of a stock kinda of guy, no racing, just easy driving..slot rotors? drilled rotors? and what kind of brakes? thanks...

Stay with the OEM replacements.

Personally I like to go with Brembo and OEM Lexus pads. Drilled rotors keep the brake system cooler & slotted will eat up brake pads quicker. I have regular brembo rotors on the rear and brembo drilled & slotted on the front. I've never had any problems with Brembo. I just do every day-day driving, no racing. Pretty sure its still cheaper than buying Lexus rotors depending upon your local dealers prices.

Personally I like to go with Brembo and OEM Lexus pads. Drilled rotors keep the brake system cooler & slotted will eat up brake pads quicker. I have regular brembo rotors on the rear and brembo drilled & slotted on the front. I've never had any problems with Brembo. I just do every day-day driving, no racing. Pretty sure its still cheaper than buying Lexus rotors depending upon your local dealers prices.

thanks guys....that help's a lot...Rex

Just to throw an additional option out there...

I chose to reduce the cost of the job by purchasing no-name Rotors (Korean) and high quality ceramic set of pads (to prevent squeaking).

I replaced all four on the car this way and 3,000 miles later they are great. In retrospect, I have seen some other members post some extremely low prices for cross-drilled rotors on here that I might have considered, but just know that there is a lower cost option that functions quite well.