1999 Crankshaft Pulley Bolt

hil400

incorrect, it is not reverse thread. Go to lexls.com and loook at the tutorial for easiest way to do job. I did this and it worked a treat.

cheers

swordfish

Thanks for the reply. At least I am turning it the right way! I do not have an impact gun and cannot find a way to hold the pulley still so I can crank on the breaker bar. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Try buying a rubber strap wrench to hold the cranshaft pulley, they work great and can be purchased at Harbor Freight tools or Sears or any good tool store for less than $20.

• 2 weeks later...

Try buying a rubber strap wrench to hold the cranshaft pulley, they work great and can be purchased at Harbor Freight tools or Sears or any good tool store for less than $20.

Thanks, tried that and could not keep the pulley still would not come off. I do not know if they really torqued it on.

i just did it the easy way they show on lexls.com, put the breaker bar on and place it against floor and hit the

starter quickly once, works a treat.

swordfish

I was worried about trying that as it is an interference engine and I was scared of messing up the timing marks.

I tried a PEP BOYS Goodyear 200 ft/lb cordless impact- no movement just bad smells coming from the gun :blink: So, I got a DeWalt impact and it came right off. Thanks for the replies.