Rear Power Door/hatch Quit Opening

JMorton

The rear power door/hatch on my 2004 RX330 quit opening. Whether I try to open it using the key fob or the button on the dash, it won't open.

Last week I replaced the battery (myself) and wonder if some kind of "reset" is required to overcome the power interruption after changing batteries.

I'd hate to pay the dealer big bucks to fix something simple. Does anyone know of a simple fix?

JMorton

The rear power door/hatch on my 2004 RX330 quit opening. Whether I try to open it using the key fob or the button on the dash, it won't open.

Last week I replaced the battery (myself) and wonder if some kind of "reset" is required to overcome the power interruption after changing batteries.

I'd hate to pay the dealer big bucks to fix something simple. Does anyone know of a simple fix?

JMorton

Did you check the "lock" button in the glove box ? If you bumped it it would lock the door/hatch from opening with the fob or dash button.

Good luck & HNY

:unsure:

JMorton

If you replaced the battery or the battery went dead you will have to reset the hatch. Check the owners manual for instructions.

JMorton,

I had the same problem the other day. I called a dealer yesterday and they said the same thing about the lock button in the glove box which fixed the problem. I still don't understand how it got switched but....

He also said that if that didn't fix the problem, to open the rear door manually, make sure it opens all the way and then shut it. Since I didn't have to go that far, I can't say if it works or not.

Hopefully you've gotten yours fixed.

Cindy

Thanks for all of the advice.

I tried pressing the glove box button with no luck, then manually opened and closed the door. That worked!

Thanks for the help!

:) JMorton