Sc400 Center Brake Light

centex

I was "tapped" in the rear the other day at 5 to 10 mph. Little or no damage to the body or bumper. Wow, this would have destroyed a lesser car. I replaced a couple of bulbs in the taillight. I found that the center LED light was not coming on when braking. I applied voltage to the LED array and it is working. My QUESTION is; Why would this lamp not be getting current? Is there a single fuse to this light? Note all other tail lights and brake lights are working. There is a little "Tail light failure" indicator illuminated on the cluster when I turn the lights on; not just when braking. Thanks mucho. Just afraid of being hit again without my center brake light.

my dad's LS was doing this with his tail lights where during night driving, the rear lights would be on as normal and as soon as he hit the brakes a few lights would go dark. we traced this back to several bad grounds on the socket. what i did was pull the wire out that was just pressed against the bulb housing and soldered it directly to the housing this fixed everything. i was lazy and only did only the ones that showed no continuity between the ground wire from the connector to the bulb housing, and the symptoms came back so i had to pull things appart and do the rest.

anyway long story short. you may have a broken ground wire or just plain bad continuity like what i described.