Just Became A Member Of The Club :)

Greetings board,

Today (technically yesterday now ;)) I became the proud owner of a 2007 Tungsten IS250 with Nav system (at invoice price after letting the GM know my mom/dad have bought/leased 3-4 Lexus'/Lexii? each from them). I come from two previous Audi A4s, two 1.8Ts. This time around, I felt Audi had lost touch with who was primarily driving their A4 line, so I have shelfed the 4-rings for now. With the strongest recommendations from a cousin of mine and a co-worker, I was told to run to a Lexus dealer and check out the IS. Needless to say, I love this little Lexus so much :). I find it hard to wipe the stupid smile off my face as I drive it all over! It's like a 5/6 model of my dad's GS- only sexier. Anyway, I did have a few questions maybe you guys could help with.

1. Is there a way to cancel the persistent beeping the car's safety-belt-check system makes? For example, if a front-seat passenger briefly removes their safety belt to even do something simple like reach out and get their mail from the box. Of course safety is number-1... but it's really a bit much.

2. iPod connectivity... I see a headphone port in the center console. What connectors/equipment would I need to get my iPod playing through the car stereo? I'm willing to explore all options, and I was briefly told by my salesman that some people opt for an $8 cable, and others go the mile and get a $2-400 setup where the actual console controls the iPod.

3. I know my local Lexus dealer would stock lots of accessories and stuff, but I get the feeling I could do a lot of shopping online. Where's a good place to shop online? My local Lexus dealer is one equipped to deal with selling just 70 cars/month, but they push 350 out the door montly (according to the finance manager), so you can imagine the crazyness just "stopping by" is.

Thanks again everyone. I look forward to being an active member of the boards. I'm a very active reader :).

Greetings board,

Today (technically yesterday now ;)) I became the proud owner of a 2007 Tungsten IS250 with Nav system (at invoice price after letting the GM know my mom/dad have bought/leased 3-4 Lexus'/Lexii? each from them). I come from two previous Audi A4s, two 1.8Ts. This time around, I felt Audi had lost touch with who was primarily driving their A4 line, so I have shelfed the 4-rings for now. With the strongest recommendations from a cousin of mine and a co-worker, I was told to run to a Lexus dealer and check out the IS. Needless to say, I love this little Lexus so much :). I find it hard to wipe the stupid smile off my face as I drive it all over! It's like a 5/6 model of my dad's GS- only sexier. Anyway, I did have a few questions maybe you guys could help with.

1. Is there a way to cancel the persistent beeping the car's safety-belt-check system makes? For example, if a front-seat passenger briefly removes their safety belt to even do something simple like reach out and get their mail from the box. Of course safety is number-1... but it's really a bit much.

2. iPod connectivity... I see a headphone port in the center console. What connectors/equipment would I need to get my iPod playing through the car stereo? I'm willing to explore all options, and I was briefly told by my salesman that some people opt for an $8 cable, and others go the mile and get a $2-400 setup where the actual console controls the iPod.

3. I know my local Lexus dealer would stock lots of accessories and stuff, but I get the feeling I could do a lot of shopping online. Where's a good place to shop online? My local Lexus dealer is one equipped to deal with selling just 70 cars/month, but they push 350 out the door montly (according to the finance manager), so you can imagine the crazyness just "stopping by" is.

Thanks again everyone. I look forward to being an active member of the boards. I'm a very active reader :).

Welcome!

You can do a search on this site for the seatbelt beeping. It's been discussed before, and the whole step-by-step is somewhere already discussed.

As for the others, sorry, can't help ya!! lol. Somebody should be able to come along and help ya out.