Carpc For Es300 Finished.

Spiike32

Hello everyone,

here is my post from mp3car.com, but since so many people here helped me I'll let everyone see what I've been working on here as well.

I tried to get it to look as factory and professional as possible. The LCD is a lilliput that was gutted and refitted to fit the area. Computer is a HP laptop which is in the trunk in a custom box. GPS is a bu353 with iguidance 3.0 which works great but noticeably lacking in POI's. Stereo is actually the stock stereo for now relocated into the glovebox and the cd changer removed.

Here are the pics:

The car:

IMG_0096.JPG

Car gutted

IMG_0082.JPG

The finished product:

IMG_0099.JPG

IMG_0100.JPG

IMG_0181.jpg

Griffin powermate for idrive knob. Works like a charm (knock on wood)

IMG_0183.jpg

Here is the BU 353 gps receiver. I love this thing. I had to take apart the backseat to get the wire through. It was a pain. If anyone has a lexus and needs to take apart the backseat I can give some pointers.

IMG_0197.JPG

Here is the blue devil skin for roadrunner. With custom logo.

IMG_0193.jpg

Let me know what you think. Thanks also for the es300 service manuals. They were a huge factor on getting this accomplished =)

Spiike

I dremeled and sanded a plank of maple and varnished with walnut varnish. It took 2 hrs every night for a week to get everything to look right. If you tap the obd-II you can get speed, oil/fuel, etc etc. It's a lot of work though.

I do use the carpc for music. The antenna was spliced into tv wire and plugged into my hauppage tv/radio tuner. The stock head unit is only temporary.

i drive knob is very versatile. It is a volume and mute button. Also changes songs, zooms in and out of the gps program, scrolls and goes through playlists. It is user bound so what ever you want it to do, it will do.

• 6 months later...

due to some idiot hitting my car and totalling it, I'm parting out my carpc which I fully recovered.

If u're building a carpc and interested in the wood bezel I made (perfect match to the walnut trim and fits 7'' widescreens) shoot me an im on aim. sn is same as forum handle.

due to some idiot hitting my car and totalling it, I'm parting out my carpc which I fully recovered.

If u're building a carpc and interested in the wood bezel I made (perfect match to the walnut trim and fits 7'' widescreens) shoot me an im on aim. sn is same as forum handle.

Hope your okay and best wishes for your next ride, hopfully your insurance will help out. I am very intrested in the wood bezel and new to the lexusownersclub.com could you please contact me at baybarea@gmail.com with the details. Thanks!!!

I am strongly considering building one but my setup is slightly different (92 ES 300) but I would like to touch basis with you on what all needed to be done and how much it cost. I plan on tearing my dash completely apart in the process to also fix my dash cluster.

Any tips points and or help would be greatly apreciated.

Also sorry to hear about your car, I hope your okay. I don't have AIM but you can email me at mcclainn at gmail.com of course putting an @ instead of at.