Trying To Install Stereo

Ok so i no this topic is over a year old but i fig i would help u lexus owners out...

I work for a big box sales store not the one that everybody mentioned... "circuit *BLEEP*ty"... we are the blue one...

U can install an aftermarket deck on a 93-97 gs 300 and keep the factory amp and sub workin... there are just some extra things u will need and some time...

ok list of things to get from ur nearest sound shop...

shortes set of RCA wires they sell...

2 Ground loop isolators

Extra wire... 18 gauge is ok...

Ok so here are you wire colors... the one i member that i did that worked successfully was a 93 GS 300... When i pulled out the factory radio it had three plugs... GRAY, WHITE, BLUE... you wont need the gray it is your factory cd changer and to my knowledge no aftermarket radio will control it...

BLUE Plug

Lt. Blue/yellow = Constant 12v

Gray = ACC wire/Switched 12v

Brown = ground

Red/Green = Factory amp turn on

WHITE Plug

FR+ = black

FR- = White

FL+ = red

FL- = green

RR+ = Violet

RR- = Red/white

RL+ = blue

RL- = pink

ok now here is the tricky part... if you tag the speaker wires to the speaker wires coming out of the aftermarket radio u will fry the factory amp. so you have to use the RCA wires i told you to get... you are gonna cut the RCA in half so you should be looking at 4 Pigtails... dont cut to close to the RCA end cuz you are gonna have to plug this into the RCA outputs of your aftermarket radio...

OOOO maybe i should of mentioned you need a aftermarket radio with 2 pair of RCA outputs...

The ground loop isolators were used cuz when i pluged everything in there was an amp turn on pop and alternator whine... the isolators go plugged into the aftermarket radio and the RCA wires u wire in go to the ground loop isolators...

THX...

And if u wanna spend your money on someone professional doing it bring it in to The BESTBUY in NILES, IL on GOLF RD

Bring me a dash kit we dont carry them...

Ok so i no this topic is over a year old but i fig i would help u lexus owners out...

I work for a big box sales store not the one that everybody mentioned... "circuit *BLEEP*ty"... we are the blue one...

U can install an aftermarket deck on a 93-97 gs 300 and keep the factory amp and sub workin... there are just some extra things u will need and some time...

ok list of things to get from ur nearest sound shop...

shortes set of RCA wires they sell...

2 Ground loop isolators

Extra wire... 18 gauge is ok...

Ok so here are you wire colors... the one i member that i did that worked successfully was a 93 GS 300... When i pulled out the factory radio it had three plugs... GRAY, WHITE, BLUE... you wont need the gray it is your factory cd changer and to my knowledge no aftermarket radio will control it...

BLUE Plug

Lt. Blue/yellow = Constant 12v

Gray = ACC wire/Switched 12v

Brown = ground

Red/Green = Factory amp turn on

WHITE Plug

FR+ = black

FR- = White

FL+ = red

FL- = green

RR+ = Violet

RR- = Red/white

RL+ = blue

RL- = pink

ok now here is the tricky part... if you tag the speaker wires to the speaker wires coming out of the aftermarket radio u will fry the factory amp. so you have to use the RCA wires i told you to get... you are gonna cut the RCA in half so you should be looking at 4 Pigtails... dont cut to close to the RCA end cuz you are gonna have to plug this into the RCA outputs of your aftermarket radio...

OOOO maybe i should of mentioned you need a aftermarket radio with 2 pair of RCA outputs...

The ground loop isolators were used cuz when i pluged everything in there was an amp turn on pop and alternator whine... the isolators go plugged into the aftermarket radio and the RCA wires u wire in go to the ground loop isolators...

THX...

And if u wanna spend your money on someone professional doing it bring it in to The BESTBUY in NILES, IL on GOLF RD

Bring me a dash kit we dont carry them...

Hi brother,

do you mean I need to add the Ground Loop isolator between the radio unit and the amplifier?

is this the ground loop isolator you describe?

pRS1C-2160121w345.jpg

The previous owner of my GS300 cut the line of amplifier, I tried very hard to re-connect them all, but i found that, there are so many noise when using the amp, I i think this should be the tricky part as you said. As my after market radio don't have RCA output, it is like this:

WireHarnessToy121004.jpg

can I cut the RCA plug of the Ground Loop Isolator, and just connect the signal line of the isolator the the radio unit and amplifier?

Thank you very much.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
i got a question.. how do you remove the radio itself...?

i have to remove mine to fix it..

Thanks

Here is a link to radio removal instructions for a 93 GS: http://www.pro-fit-intl.com/Adobe/LX-52-90.pdf

Be sure to first disable the security feature if it has been activated on your radio.

i dont know if it has been... how do i disable it..?

also where is the clip tool they say.. does it come with the car..?

The Pro.Fit radio removal instructions implies that your car's radio can be protected by a security code like the radio in my 90 LS400 could be protected.

If you have an owners manual, it will tell you if your radio can be protected by a security code and, if so, how to turn it off. If you disconnect the radio while protected by a security code, it is disabled and has to be reset by a Lexus dealer -- usually at the cost of 30 minutes to 1 hour of labor charge. If your radio doesn't operate well enough to check for the presence of a security code, then you might have to have a dealer unlock it. Maybe the repair shop that repairs your radio can unlock it if it becomes locked due to a security code.

The "clip tool" is just a trim removal tool. I've got quite a set of trim tools -- some purchased at auto parts stores and one from Pro.Fit. It is often possible to use a flat blade screw driver or putty knife as a substitute -- tape the blade well with electrical tape so that you done scratch your radio or dash vinyl with it. Be sure to lay down a towel or something to protect the wood console. It is usually pretty easy to pop out a Lexus radio head unit -- almost always held in place by two 10 mm bots top and bottom. Often the HVAC controls and radio are removed as a unit and then separated after it is out of the dash. Be gentle but firm when removing your A/C vent assemblies -- some vent assemblies tend to break when the plastic gets old and they are expensive to replace.

i've got it out.. but i can seem to find the problem.. the wires are all safe and all

but my problem is i got the nakamichi unit and the sound cuts out every second and even if its on FM / CD player still does it..

anyone had that problem..?

i've got it out.. but i can seem to find the problem.. the wires are all safe and all

but my problem is i got the nakamichi unit and the sound cuts out every second and even if its on FM / CD player still does it..

Sure, people have had that problem. Probably a number of internal radio head unit and amplifier issues can cause it. If only one or two speakers are cutting out, it could be defective speakers.

You up in Quebec? Any radio repair shops up there?

Lexus Nakamichi radios are getting difficult to get repaired in the U.S. due to the lack of replacement parts - maybe due to the Nakamichi company's bankruptcy. This is the Florida company that repaired the Nakamichi in my 2000 LS400 last year: http://www.carstereohelp.com/lexus.htm

Here is another company that may repair some Nakamichi components: http://www.autoecu.com/

Sure, people have had that problem. Probably a number of internal radio head unit and amplifier issues can cause it. If only one or two speakers are cutting out, it could be defective speakers.

You up in Quebec? Any radio repair shops up there?

Lexus Nakamichi radios are getting difficult to get repaired in the U.S. due to the lack of replacement parts - maybe due to the Nakamichi company's bankruptcy. This is the Florida company that repaired the Nakamichi in my 2000 LS400 last year: http://www.carstereohelp.com/lexus.htm

Here is another company that may repair some Nakamichi components: http://www.autoecu.com/

it does it in all the speakers..

and at that point i'll just put in an aftermarket radio with a dash kit.. :S