Transmisson Shift

93ls400walt

My 93ls shifts from first to second at 10 mph under normal acceleration from a stop. With a bit of a jolt. Like a slight lull then catching gear. Any thoughts?

93ls 103,000 miles. Somewhat smoother after a recent fluid change. I flushed through the trans cooling hose. But did not drop the pan to clean the filter screen. Prob. answered my own question there on the jolt. But is that speed shift normal?

Yes it is time you open the pan and replace/clean that screen, if it continues have the trany run by the diagnostics. Have you changed fluid as per specifications every 15,000 miles? CPR

My 93ls shifts from first to second at 10 mph under normal acceleration from a stop. With a bit of a jolt. Like a slight lull then catching gear. Any thoughts?

93ls 103,000 miles. Somewhat smoother after a recent fluid change. I flushed through the trans cooling hose. But did not drop the pan to clean the filter screen. Prob. answered my own question there on the jolt. But is that speed shift normal?

Not sure what is meant by 'normal acceleration' but when I give mine about 1/4 throttle I believe it pops into 2nd around 10mph, and very smoothly. That's assuming you're set on 'ECT Normal' mode.

But I get a bit of a lurch into 3rd. I find that extra weight in the car actually helps this. If I put in 18 gallons of gas it feels much better! Or if I have a passenger it doesn't lurch as much. I can't really explain this, maybe someone else can???

Fluid is nice and clean, but I don't know if the filter has ever been replaced. Other than that it works fine. Maybe just showing its age a bit.

Thanks,

The acceleration is smooth and steady. Not raising the rpm over 2k. My ls 's fluid looked pink on the dip stick and did not have a burnt smell. But what I drained out of the trans. into a clear jar it looked burgendy and a bit cloudy. It was not pink and translucent. The filter is a screen that can be cleaned and reused. My local dealer does not sell pan gaskets. They, as the book does, rec. a sealant for the pan. There is a shift solioned that is known to go "bad" maybe this is what we are both looking at.