Anybody Have Their Old Antenna Assembly?

Gunnut

That you'd be willing to part with?

When I bought my LS400 the mast was bent but you could hear the motor running. I bought a replacement mast but could never get it to go up or down. I took the unit aprt today and I believe the gears are bad. Of course you can't buy these individual parts so I am looking for somebody who may have one where the motor is dead. I don't care if it has a mast or not as I have a new one.

I'd rather not go the aftermarket route except as a last resort.

Willing to pay low dollar here. :whistles:

Seriously. Let's talk.

Go to www.partydown.com, they will sell you the antena for 30 to 50 bucks and you will have a replacement just as good as the OEM if not better, I had bought from them before. CPR

That you'd be willing to part with?

When I bought my LS400 the mast was bent but you could hear the motor running. I bought a replacement mast but could never get it to go up or down. I took the unit aprt today and I believe the gears are bad. Of course you can't buy these individual parts so I am looking for somebody who may have one where the motor is dead. I don't care if it has a mast or not as I have a new one.

I'd rather not go the aftermarket route except as a last resort.

Willing to pay low dollar here.:whistles:

Seriously. Let's talk.

I appreciate the post and I know there are a bunch of aftermarket antennas to be had. But that is not what I am looking for. I want to play with mine and see if I can't get some more life out of it. I just need the gears. Everything else is fine.

I've looked at the tutorial. This is actually not my first experience with a Toyota power antenna. I replaced the mast on my Celica some 10 years ago.

The gears are bad on the one on my LS400. THat is why I am hoping somebody on the group has an old one that the relay went bad or some other defect except the gears so I can repair mine.

I have more fun repairing existing things rather than replacing them.

Thansk for the post!