22" Wheels

scottp

22's?!? Damn, you're brave. Is it rubbing the fenders or inside wheel liner?

hitting the bolt that holds the liner onto the fender...the wheel guy tells me a body shop will "roll" the fenders and i will never even know it is done?

Yes, you should have your fenders rolled. The tool basically flattens the inner lip of your fender. Make sure that they use a heat gun to "soften" the paint prior to rolling the fenders. The paint will most likely crack if it isn't heated. Or you could just do it yourself at home with a baseball bat and a heat gun.

Try getting the suspension raised an inch or 2. I have 20's and I have to hit a HUGE dip going very fast in order for it to rub. I'm sure you have more problems with 22s.

By the way, you should post some pictures of the car with 22s. I'd be interested to see that!

Try getting the suspension raised an inch or 2. I have 20's and I have to hit a HUGE dip going very fast in order for it to rub. I'm sure you have more problems with 22s.

By the way, you should post some pictures of the car with 22s. I'd be interested to see that!

INDEED.....I too am very interested to see how that looks!

Go with the 20s. One problem that I have heard from people with 22s is that the wheels rub when they run over bumpy surfaces. You also have to be verrrrrrry careful not to hit potholes or you'll be replacing or fixing rims often.

Thanks..Yea I am Leaning More on the 20's...i just wanted to see what the 22's would look like and feel like...i should have my wheels on by the end of the month...So i will post pics when i get them....

erick

• 1 year later...
I put 22" wheels/tires on my 2006 LS430 and they are SLIGHTLY hitting over large bumps...does anyone have history/solution here?

i just put 22" on mine and had the same problem. Putting a size 235 /30/22 toyo prox tire helped me out. let me know if it works for you ill post a picture so you can see.

Chino

Wow 22's....I too would love to see pictures of it.

I'd generally say never go over 20" on an LS but the right set of 22's sometimes can be simply amazing!

I currently have only 17"s on mine, pretty happy with them at the moment.