Tinting Windows

So I am debating on Tinting my rear Window and the rear sides. Has anyone done this yet to their IS250? How does it look and how do you like it? I want them tinted for looks really, but I also want to make sure it blocks the sun from my baby sitting in the back seat. Tell me how you like your window tint. I am thinking 5% Limo DARK.

Thanks

All,

I read on some other forums that a fair number of IS owners have had their plastic trim around the windows damaged from the hair dryers that many shops use to aid in the drying. You may want to investigate further before having the tint done.

v/r Greg

• 2 weeks later...

So I am debating on Tinting my rear Window and the rear sides. Has anyone done this yet to their IS250? How does it look and how do you like it? I want them tinted for looks really, but I also want to make sure it blocks the sun from my baby sitting in the back seat. Tell me how you like your window tint. I am thinking 5% Limo DARK.

Thanks

I have had my 250 awds tinted 15 percent all around and it looks very good. I recommend you get them done however for the front 2 windows the door panel needs to be taken off everytime you get it tinted so if it is illegal in ur state try to get a doctors note

After getting the tint installed, how long did it take you guys to have all the bubbles disappear? The shop told me about a week, but wondering about other jobs?

Let it sit in the sun if you can to help the tint cure. It can take a week or so for them to disappear. I know for me my car sits in a big garage every day so the last time I got tint it took a few weeks for them to disappear. But I think it also depends on how bad the bubbles were to start with.

After getting the tint installed, how long did it take you guys to have all the bubbles disappear? The shop told me about a week, but wondering about other jobs?

Let it sit in the sun if you can to help the tint cure. It can take a week or so for them to disappear. I know for me my car sits in a big garage every day so the last time I got tint it took a few weeks for them to disappear. But I think it also depends on how bad the bubbles were to start with.

Do you know if the installer had any difficulty when installing the tint on the rear window? Just wondering since it looked very tight back there.

Do you know if the installer had any difficulty when installing the tint on the rear window? Just wondering since it looked very tight back there.

I don't think they had any problems, but I'm still waiting for all bubbles to clear. They're faint, but I'm pretty picky. In fact, I finally rolled down the windows and found a ton of tiny dried circular specs at the edge of the window (portion that rolls into the weather stripping) which I'm not liking at all. I'm taking the car into the shop this week, as they said they'll take care of the remaining bubbles. As for the remaining spots I just found when rolling down the windows, not sure they can get those out. If not, I'll ask them to re-tint all 4 windows.

Did anyone on this thread have any problems with the portion that rolls under the weather stripping, when you roll up your windows? I expected that and the edge to be perfect with no specs. I assume everyone else has had the same experience?

I don't think they had any problems, but I'm still waiting for all bubbles to clear. They're faint, but I'm pretty picky. In fact, I finally rolled down the windows and found a ton of tiny dried circular specs at the edge of the window (portion that rolls into the weather stripping) which I'm not liking at all. I'm taking the car into the shop this week, as they said they'll take care of the remaining bubbles. As for the remaining spots I just found when rolling down the windows, not sure they can get those out. If not, I'll ask them to re-tint all 4 windows.

Did anyone on this thread have any problems with the portion that rolls under the weather stripping, when you roll up your windows? I expected that and the edge to be perfect with no specs. I assume everyone else has had the same experience?

No, take it to them and get them to fix it. If you are cool with them they wont give you any problem.

Turns out the tint shop couldn't get it right, so they decided to pull the tint off and provide a full refund. The problem is that I now have some glue residue remaining at the bottom of the rear window. It's very difficult to reach there, but I know that a small amount of window cleaner will do the trick.

Question: Does anyone know how to remove the rear panel just behind the rear seats, so I can get in there to clean the bottom portion of the rear window? I would have assumed the tint shop would have taken it off at one point to tint the window but maybe not???