Taillight Replace Bulb Symbol

drainey

Taillight replace bulb symbol

Looks like a car symbol with 3 lines coming out the left-rear and right-rear bumper.

The center stop light bulb was bad. I replaced original 921 bulb with a 906 I had on hand. the shape size and pin configuration are the same.

The indicator never went out.

I figured the electrical system must need to be reset so I disconnected the battery. Only I forgot and left is disconnected over night. The next morning I reconnected the battery start the car and now I had 3 additional symptoms to the taillight sensor on the instrument panel.

CEL Check Engine Light

VSC light

TRAC OFF

I addition the car idle was very high the first time I started it. I cleared up and returned to normal after a few minutes but all four indicators remained on.

After driving all over town running shopping with my daughter starting and stop the engine numerous times I decided the lights would not be going off anytime soon.

I stopped by the local AutoZone store and picked up the Sylvania 921LL (LL long life) bulbs.

I replace the 906 with the 921LL adding some dielectric silicon grease to the contacts first.

I then started the car checked the dash the taillight indicator bulb was out I pressed the brake a few times and it remained out. 1 down 3 to go.

I then shut of the car and disconnected the negative terminal on the battery and waited 30 seconds. Then reconnected the negative battery terminal.

I started the car all the other 3 indicators were now off. I drove the car and started it couple more times and that seems to have corrected the problem.

This time all I had to do is reset my clock the radio stations were still saved.

The problem is the 921 and 921LL are resistor filament bulbs the 906 is not. This caused the taillight symbol to stay on even though the light does work. I guess leaving the battery disconnected over night caused the ECM to throw bogus codes.

:cheers:

Taillight replace bulb symbol

Looks like a car symbol with 3 lines coming out the left-rear and right-rear bumper.

The center stop light bulb was bad. I replaced original 921 bulb with a 906 I had on hand. the shape size and pin configuration are the same.

The indicator never went out.

I figured the electrical system must need to be reset so I disconnected the battery. Only I forgot and left is disconnected over night. The next morning I reconnected the battery start the car and now I had 3 additional symptoms to the taillight sensor on the instrument panel.

CEL Check Engine Light

VSC light

TRAC OFF

I addition the car idle was very high the first time I started it. I cleared up and returned to normal after a few minutes but all four indicators remained on.

After driving all over town running shopping with my daughter starting and stop the engine numerous times I decided the lights would not be going off anytime soon.

I stopped by the local AutoZone store and picked up the Sylvania 921LL (LL long life) bulbs.

I replace the 906 with the 921LL adding some dielectric silicon grease to the contacts first.

I then started the car checked the dash the taillight indicator bulb was out I pressed the brake a few times and it remained out. 1 down 3 to go.

I then shut of the car and disconnected the negative terminal on the battery and waited 30 seconds. Then reconnected the negative battery terminal.

I started the car all the other 3 indicators were now off. I drove the car and started it couple more times and that seems to have corrected the problem.

This time all I had to do is reset my clock the radio stations were still saved.

The problem is the 921 and 921LL are resistor filament bulbs the 906 is not. This caused the taillight symbol to stay on even though the light does work. I guess leaving the battery disconnected over night caused the ECM to throw bogus codes.

:cheers:

It's much more likely that the 906 was resistive, incandescent filament, but wasn't "bright" enough (didn't draw enough current flow) to satisfy the bulb failure detection circuit.