Auto A/c For Heat...question

I just wondered if there was anyway to stop the A/C from turning on when you hit the auto button on the console. I want to turn the heat on, but when you hit auto the A/C turns on...this may be a stupid question but it just seems to me that if you have the temp set at 80 why would the A/C turn on?

Thanks for any help

Joe

I just wondered if there was anyway to stop the A/C from turning on when you hit the auto button on the console. I want to turn the heat on, but when you hit auto the A/C turns on...this may be a stupid question but it just seems to me that if you have the temp set at 80 why would the A/C turn on?

Thanks for any help

Joe

the A/C is just the compressor in the car, working to help balance the humidity in the car. do not worry, there will not be cold air blowing. All decent cars are using this method to heat the cars, it's a much more comfortable heat. it's counterintuitive (sp?), but you should not worry. It's a great system, do not mess with it.

One last thought on the A/C on/off. The system is designed to dehumidify the cabin with the A/C on. For years this was a problem with domestic cars. You couldn't turn on the A/C with the heat. If you start getting fogging, especially when its raining out and warm, turn the A/C back on and take it off of re-circ. You'll really notice the difference.

v/r Greg