New Is350 Owner

Today I have joined the ranks of IS owners and purchased an IS350 w/ Luxury pkg & 18" wheels, rear spoiler, Nav & Park Assist. Color is SGM w/ grey interior.

I really wanted a Sport model with the Black Sapphire Pearl & black interior but there were several scratches on the hood (only 5 miles on the odometer). I didn't feel comfortable with having a brand new car being buffed. Several of the scratches appeared to be down to the metal.

For comparison sake, BMW’s new 335i is faster (at any speed). I wish the power delivery in the 335i existed in the IS350. Don’t get me wrong, the IS350 is quick but it just doesn’t provide the same linear power as the 335i. However the overall package (interior refinement, clean design, service, etc) won me over.

Has anybody purchased the XM module and installed it without going through the dealer? They were asking for $800 (roughly $400 for the module and another $400 for labor).

Regards,

Chris

Today I have joined the ranks of IS owners and purchased an IS350 w/ Luxury pkg & 18" wheels, rear spoiler, Nav & Park Assist. Color is SGM w/ grey interior.

I really wanted a Sport model with the Black Sapphire Pearl & black interior but there were several scratches on the hood (only 5 miles on the odometer). I didn't feel comfortable with having a brand new car being buffed. Several of the scratches appeared to be down to the metal.

For comparison sake, BMW’s new 335i is faster (at any speed). I wish the power delivery in the 335i existed in the IS350. Don’t get me wrong, the IS350 is quick but it just doesn’t provide the same linear power as the 335i. However the overall package (interior refinement, clean design, service, etc) won me over.

Has anybody purchased the XM module and installed it without going through the dealer? They were asking for $800 (roughly $400 for the module and another $400 for labor).

Regards,

Chris

CONGRATS! I may have the same car-glad you don't live in MD!. The 335i is a very impressive car, but the value and level of luxury in the IS is just....better.

I got the same estimate for XM from my dealer. I went with Sirius aftermarket for about $500...wish I had gone with XM dealer installed, more expensive, but using the sharkfin antenna is a much cleaner install, not to mention the quirkiness issues with the Sirius interface.